PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed two gloats in one week??

Steve Evans
09-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Well the answer's irrelevant now cause here I go again. I've been depleting my bank account this week. I just got back from putting my new (to me) Powermatic 15" planer to bed in the shop. Actually I don't even know where it's going to go in the shop. I was planning on keeping my old Makita 12" since it leaves such a nice surface, but I'll have to try a few test cuts tomorrow and see how this one compares.
I won't even mention my third gloat for the week since it hasn't arrived from Bob yet. Ooopps, did I just let the cat out of the bag :D

Bruce Page
09-09-2004, 11:14 PM
It looks like a virgin!

Congrats again!!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Three "MAJOR GLOATS" in one week........ :confused: I don't know.....Tyler....Chris.......Ken S.......Dennis......are members of SMC allowed 3 MAJOR GLOATS in one week? :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :D .......Congrats Steve!

Tyler Howell
09-10-2004, 3:42 AM
Any thing that involves the Gold Standard is truly gloatable. Very nice haul Steve. Enjoy!;)

Steve Evans
09-10-2004, 6:21 AM
Tyler

I thought that you might approve of the colour.

Steve

Rich Konopka
09-10-2004, 6:36 AM
What did you do to make the Tool Gods shine down upon you??? :D

Clint deal
09-10-2004, 7:43 AM
Nice Planer!
I have a North state 15" with the motor on top. Which looks exackly like the delta or Jet. I had a Ryoby 10" before and sold it after I saw what the 15" could do.
If you read up on the adjustment and pay real close attention to the bed rollers and blade set up the 15" will produce very smooth surfaces with little to no snipe. It's all in the setup
Clint

Jim Becker
09-10-2004, 9:04 AM
You need to put that gloat to work...the floor has no sawdust and chips on it! (Congratulations!)

Steve Evans
09-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Jim

The one thing that I have never been accused of is having a neat shop. I had to sweep a bunch of stuff out of the way to make the picture presentable. :o
I did get the infeed/outfeed tables on and the planer fired up this morning. I'll obviously have to do some adjusting to the tables as I had some pretty good snipe. But man is it a pleasure to not have that Makita screaming at me while planing wood and it did a beautiful job on some 8/4 cherry. I'm looking forward to putting this thing to use.

Steve