PDA

View Full Version : New table saw and planer this week, just took a picture

Erik Frederiksen
08-22-2009, 9:11 PM
I'll be building my wife a dresser soon and these will come in handy. They will also be useful in my daytime job as a home remodeler. Can't wait to try them out.

http://gallery.mac.com/erikfsn/100053/010514/web.jpg?ver=12509896700001

Dave Lehnert
08-22-2009, 9:53 PM
I had a chance to demo that saw once and it is one slick unit. I think you will be happy.

Zach England
08-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I had that saw before I got my Jet. it's not a cabinet saw, but it is pretty nice considering its portability.

Can you tell me about the buffet on the left of it? it looks interesting.

Jim Rimmer
08-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice acquisition - I'm sure you'll like them.

Rich Engelhardt
08-23-2009, 9:44 AM
Hello,
Nice tools.
Even nicer "shop"! ;)

Uncluttered and clean!

Speaking of which - you'll want to "deface" those nice new tools as quick as possible by marking your name on them in a bold, permanent manner.

A quirk of "on-site" tools is their ability to grow legs and walk away.

Pat Germain
08-23-2009, 10:17 AM
At first, I thought those were Ryobi machines. Then I saw they were Bosch. Please let us know how those tools perform for you. I've heard excellent reviews from almost every Bosch tool.

Joe Spear
08-23-2009, 10:25 AM
The saw is a Bosch. The planer is a Makita. I have had both of those, and they were excellent. I took the saw out with me on several jobs I did. The portability is a great feature, and the gravity-rise stand is wonderful. The planer worked very well, and it is one of the lightest available. However, I started needing that extra half-inch of width and sold it to get a 13-inch planer. I replaced the saw with a Jet cabinet saw, but there are times I wish I had kept the Bosch along with the Jet.

Bill Orbine
08-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Forget the machines! Just kidding.:p But I love your floor.... looks like a bowling alley floor. Tell us about it.

glenn bradley
08-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Congrats on the machines. Not so sure about the decapitated piano player(?). ;-)

Erik Frederiksen
08-23-2009, 4:28 PM
Let's see, the decapitated piano player is a piece by my stepson, he's really into art, just left to go to art school in Brooklyn.

The flooring is throughout the house and is original to the house, built in 1915. They are narrow strips of oak.

I thought about the DeWalt planer, due to 13" size, but liked the reviews on the Makita better and thought for now 12" would be sufficient, time will tell.

The buffet was bought and left behind by my wife's ex, he bought it at a local antique shop and it was made in China.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that these tools were a gift from my wife as thanks for standing by her when she recently went through graduate school. :)