PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the humanity!

Dan Hintz
08-22-2009, 7:41 PM
It's frustrating me to no end to see my laser sit there for the last couple of months without even saying a simple 'hi' as I walk by. I have no doubt it's mad at me for ignoring it for so long, but what's a guy to do? It's a crime against humanity to own such a wonderful toy and not have the time to use it. I'm reduced to living vicariously through everyone else's projects, offering what little advice I can.

I even broke down and picked up CorelDRAW X4, but I haven't had a chance to install it and play.

I'll go hang my head in shame now... :o

Anthony Welch
08-22-2009, 7:57 PM
I'll tell ya something worse. You've got tons of things to engrave. As I only do craft shows and have plenty of examples that get me a few jobs from one show to the next. I've not the room for the multitudes of other things I can do. And I'm relunctant(sp) to do other samples as I am cutting in on my stock for saving it for profit jobs.:mad:

Anthony

Bruce Volden
08-22-2009, 8:16 PM
Dan,

I fired up one of my LMI lasers for the first time in 18+ months!!! I needed it for the size of the table top I'm inlaying (pics to come). Seriously I didn't know if it would fire or not but once started it screamed~~ -WHERE YOU BEEN?!!!:D There was a time when I HAD to use all 3 machines to keep up with things (glad they have passed). I'm older now and more laid back and less motivated:confused:

You'll be back to the dark side off and on, good luck!

Bruce

Scott Shepherd
08-22-2009, 8:30 PM
Dan, I have your machine's older brother here. He's asked me to go get his younger brother/sister and bring him here for a visit. It's air conditioned, we have plenty of food for him or her, and we promise not to scratch the paint. If you'd email me the direction to his/her house, I'll gladly bring the truck by to take it to see it's older brother :D

AL Ursich
08-22-2009, 8:55 PM
I fired my old Profile last week for the first time in about 9 months.....

V Carving wood, Vinyl and Fire Tags take up my time...

AL

Dan Hintz
08-23-2009, 6:55 AM
Dan, I have your machine's older brother here. He's asked me to go get his younger brother/sister and bring him here for a visit. It's air conditioned, we have plenty of food for him or her, and we promise not to scratch the paint. If you'd email me the direction to his/her house, I'll gladly bring the truck by to take it to see it's older brother :D
Sorry, but the ol' girl gets car sick :p I think the only thing keeping her from rollin' out out on me is the fact that I'm slowly but surely building stud walls in that half of the basement... she knows that means a proper workshop all to herself, including soundproofing. Maybe I'll treat her to a quiet fan upgrade when all is said and done.

Frank Corker
08-23-2009, 8:15 AM
Seriously guys, I think you need to take up golf or fishing ....

Scott Shepherd
08-23-2009, 8:28 AM

I tried, but my mortgage company wouldn't take a fish for payment :D

Dan Hintz
08-23-2009, 7:12 PM
I tried golfing with my mortgage guy, but he said I haven't got the balls...

Bill Cunningham
08-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Wasn't there an old saying that went something like: "There is a fine line between fishing, and standing on the shore looking like an idiot"
Being a 'worm drowner' myself, I'm not sure which side of that fine line I'm usually standing on.. As for Golf, I'm a bit dyslexic, so it's all Flog to me!

Bob Savage
08-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Seriously guys, I think you need to take up golf...

My father has been telling me this for a number of years now. He says there's a strong network on the golf course. He also says that if that's the *only* reason you're there, good luck. :)