PDA

View Full Version : Wow wow wow

John Terefenko
08-22-2009, 12:25 PM
These are the only words I could come up with when I discovered a treasure here that I did not even knew existed. I am sure it has been mentioned before and most everyone knows about it but I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The treasure I am talking about is the Galleries here. Are there talented woodworkers here or what??? I was so impressed that I started looking through a few and had to stop and do this at a time I have alot more time to spend and enjoy. Truely something everyone needs to check out. I personally want to thank all those that have taken the time to make an album and share their works. WOW.

Mike Lipke
08-22-2009, 12:45 PM
But you have to remember that a lot of the pretty stuff in the gallery was actually created by expensive and not so expensive power tools, sharp hand tools and many grades of sandpaper. Then they were hand finished with a wide variety of chemicals, some of which dry very shiny, others not so much so. Many are also buffed to produce the sheen you see.
So, you can see that most of what you see there is created by stealing perfectly good firewood, and then working it over until it looks the way it does. These guys know all the tricks, so don't be fooled!

John Terefenko
08-22-2009, 5:47 PM
Yea they cheated. It is a treat I will say that.