PDA

View Full Version : meistergram slowing me down, help!

amanda hanna
08-21-2009, 6:00 PM
Let me start by saying hello and how glad i found an engraving forum. Ok, without wasting any time; we recently purchased a meistergram champion 2618, as i'm sure you all know this is a 20 year old machine. Well, so far the machine runs great however, the D14 DOS program we are working with is a little hard to get used to after using windows based programs and i can't figure out if certain things are possible. Does anyone know how to (using LogoMax, Corel Draw and Trace11 & Draw X3, Photoshop CS)have the inside of an object engraved instead of strictly outlined objects? If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this we would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you
Amanda

Dave Johnson29
08-21-2009, 6:53 PM
Does anyone know how to (using LogoMax, Corel Draw and Trace11 & Draw X3, Photoshop CS)have the inside of an object engraved instead of strictly outlined objects?

Amanda,

If I understand you correctly, let's say you have a circle and currently all you get from the laser is an empty ring? I take it you want to have a fully engraved disc.

Try setting the fill to Black and send that to the laser and it should raster the fill. It would be better if you can attach a Corel file and indicate what exactly you want to "have inside of an object."

Clearer supplied information will result in clearer supplied answers. :)

I am not familiar with the meistergram but from what I have learned it was the forerunner to my ULS model 1700 laser. I am using Dos 6.22, Windows 3.1 and Corel 5.0 and it all works fine.

Mike Mackenzie
08-21-2009, 9:06 PM
Amanda,

Send me an e-mail and I will help you to work with it. I don't think it is something easy to explain here on the forum. PM me with your e-mail address and I will get back to you.

Hilton Lister
08-22-2009, 11:16 PM
I don't believe you can drive this machine with the programs you have. We have a 1612 and a 912. The only way we can drive these machines from Windows is to use EngraveLab. I understand that some of these systems were supplied with a graphics cad program, but the name escapes me at present. I have tried the Plotall Demo, but have not been successful in getting it to work.Dos D1.4 is very efficient, but hopelessly old fashioned.
However, I would be happy to be proved incorrect and indeed would welcome it.
It would be great if I could run these machines from Coreldraw.

amanda hanna
08-24-2009, 10:05 AM
We do use the D.14, sorry if i forgot to list it, we also use logo max. I have been told that Engravelab will work with our machine but it's a bit pricey for us at this time. We us Corel to create images and then send them through Logo Max and then to D.14 for engraving. I just haven't been able to certain objects to "cut out" instead of outling everything. I'm sorry if I'm not making since. Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Dave Johnson29
08-24-2009, 12:09 PM
The only way we can drive these machines from Windows is to use EngraveLab.

Hilton and Amanda,

Since EL will run the machine then we know it is possible. How is the file sent to the laser?

With some more information it might be possible guide you in sending the stuff via DOS. It should not matter that it is old fashioned as long as the DOS is a conduit for the file.

With some program tweaking it may be possible to send from Corel.

Dave Johnson29
08-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Send me an e-mail and I will help you to work with it. I don't think it is something easy to explain here on the forum. PM me with your e-mail address and I will get back to you.

Mike,

You have been a great help to me in the past and I thank you for that, but with all due respect and IMHO, this is something that should be handled here so that it can be found with a search.

As you can now see Hilton is also interested in this issue. If you have suggestions or help, then dealing with it here will make it available to others with these older machines.

Mike Mackenzie
08-24-2009, 5:13 PM
Dave,

Amandas inquiry is in regards to a mechanical engraver not a laser. The software listed only will work on these specific engravers to create logos.

Dave Johnson29
08-24-2009, 6:46 PM
Amandas inquiry is in regards to a mechanical engraver not a laser.

DUH! :)

Thanks Mike. One of the data sheets I got in that manual you loaned me had speeds, frequency and Pulse width for Meistergram. I didn't know there were mechanical versions. There I go ASSuming again. :o:o:o

CHris Prioli
08-14-2012, 2:40 PM
Let me start by saying hello and how glad i found an engraving forum. Ok, without wasting any time; we recently purchased a meistergram champion 2618, as i'm sure you all know this is a 20 year old machine. Well, so far the machine runs great however, the D14 DOS program we are working with is a little hard to get used to after using windows based programs and i can't figure out if certain things are possible. Does anyone know how to (using LogoMax, Corel Draw and Trace11 & Draw X3, Photoshop CS)have the inside of an object engraved instead of strictly outlined objects? If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this we would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you
Amanda

I realize this is a dated thread, but the info may still me useful to somebody...

The trick to getting the CD drawing to successfully engrave with fills when converted to Champion/H-Square/Meistergram D1.4 logo format is to export the drawing from CD as a .PLT (HPGL Plotter) file. During the export, you must enable the simulated fill option, specifying either parallel lines or crosshatch as the fill type, and also specifying the fill line spacing and angle(s).

Experiment with the various pen settings to determine which settings will give you the effect that you want. Note that the typical setting for fill line spacing is the cutter (tip) diameter that you will use... but that is only accurate if the graphic was created or drawn at the final engraved size. If not, then proprotional sizing is required.

For example, suppose that you have a simple geometric - say a sunburst - that you want to engrave at 2" height and you want to engrave it using an 0.015" cutter, and you want a solid fill with a 33% overlap. In that case, create the sunburst at the 2" height at which it will be engraved, and then specify the fill to have a spacing of 0.010" (0.015" less 33%).

If the graphic was created at twice the intended engraving size, the fill spacing should also be set to twice the desired final result, as the down-scaling of the graphic will move the fill lines closer together. Likewise, a graphic created for a specific height and fill spacing can be sucessfully engraved without image degradation or time wasted by scaling up the cutter size by the same factor that the engraved output is scaled up from the original graphic.

LogoMax will accept the CD HPGL export file as a valid input and will then produce the D1.4 logo as desired.

Mark Sipes
08-14-2012, 3:15 PM
Just want to prefous the statement with, you must first insure the graphic has an outline before the fill, and some letters like a,o ,R, P require a combine so the fill does not fill in the required voids. Great for importing fancy text into the rotary world...as a graphic....

Diane Zila
06-21-2016, 1:51 PM
I know this is not related but I am having a problem with my champion 1912. When I connect it to the control box, it makes a loud buzzing noise and does not respond to any commands. The machine was working fine until we moved it and had to unplug everything. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong.

Bert Kemp
06-21-2016, 2:03 PM
Diane this is a 7 year old post. Please start a new thread give us your machine details and we will try to help

Diane Zila
06-27-2016, 3:35 PM
I don't see where I have the option to create a new thread. Really new to this forum. May not be set up correctly.

Gary Hair
06-27-2016, 3:44 PM
Click on "Engravers Forum" toward the top of your screen and you will see a link "+Post New Thread" on the left side of your screen just below the announcements. Click that link.

Mark Sipes
06-28-2016, 7:00 PM
I wonder if Amanda's problem was ever resolved???