PDA

View Full Version : Great forum, great group of people!

drew hutchinson
08-20-2009, 2:04 PM
I didn't quite know the best place to post this but . . .

This forum is without a doubt the most enjoyable and useful forum I have partipated in. I have been in car forums, and audiphile forums (well still am) and have not encountered such a helpful and positive group of individuals. In fact there is usually a lot more argument and contention!

Although I have done a lot of different things in my life, metal work, built houses and lots of work with wood, I consider myself (at age 56) a beginner woodworker and definitely a beginner at finishing. I figure the guidance I have gotten on this forum has already saved me a lot of money. So I am happy to become a contributor.

Also as a psychotherapist, I am finding that "sawdust is good therapy"!

Thanks!

Jim Rimmer
08-20-2009, 5:07 PM
Welcome to the Creek. And, yes, you will find that most here are very helpful and friendly. Even the pros share their knowledge.

Belinda Barfield
08-20-2009, 8:09 PM
Glad you're happy here Drew! The Creek truly is a great place!

Steve Schlumpf
08-20-2009, 8:31 PM
Drew - Thanks for becoming a contributor! You will find a great group of folks here - all willing to help out!

While I am not a psychotherapist, I agree with your statement that "sawdust is good therapy"! However, I do feel necessary to warn you not to play around in the world of woodturning. Woodturning is known as the Vortex and can rapidly become an addiction! Course, being a Dr and all, you are better prepared than most!

Have fun here and if you have any questions be sure to ask!

Peter Benders
08-20-2009, 8:37 PM
True this is the best forum i have ever seen. every body is so very helpful. there is information on everything related to woodworkers. thats the most unique character of this forum.

John Schreiber
08-21-2009, 3:05 PM
Yep! Can't say it better.

Dan Friedrichs
08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
I really like how it's "real names", here - seems to make it much more personal. I saw over on the General forum someone offer to send another member a part he was looking for - where else in the world will a relative stranger go out of his/her way to send you something you need for FREE?

Rob Cunningham
08-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I agree 100%. This is by far the best WW forum I have ever been involved with. I have participated in others where some people were just downright rude and always seemed to be looking for an argument or want to belittle someone. That really takes the fun out of it. I have not found that here. Everyone always seems to be willing to share and help each other. A true family environment.
Welcome aboard.