PDA

View Full Version : I need help moving fiels in windows.

Steve knight
08-20-2009, 1:39 PM
Ok here is what I need. my cnc drawing software gets annoying. I save the client files in a folder on the desktop. they are all in separate folders under that one. the more clients the more folders I have to scroll through. but then whe nI save a toolpath to a network drive I have to go to that dir. then to save the file I am working on I have to go through the whole client folder again.
I can do this a lot in a day and it is easy to save a toolpath in the client folder. so what I want is a app that would move all the files with a name to anotehr folder. but using syncback puts them in subfolders on the network drive. I just want all the files on the drive without folders.
this way I can work in a clients folder till done without changing dirs several times.

Lee Schierer
08-20-2009, 3:08 PM
We use a program called PalSynchronizer V2.2 to look at files in a directory and keep them up to date. It allows you to see what files have changed and which are missing in each of two directories and subdirectories.

Dave Johnson29
08-20-2009, 6:20 PM
Steve,

I can write a Windows app that will do exactly what you want. I am not sure I understand exactly what that is but if you want to email me a mock-up example of how you want the files stored.

If I am reading this correctly, you have two main folders, CNC files and Toolpaths.

Under each you have identical Client folder structures.

Under each of the client folders you want ALL of that client's CNC files and the same for all of that client's toolpath files in the toolpath structure.

Is that it?

MainCNCFolder in Documents
..ClientOne
....ClientOneFileA.cnc
....ClientOneFileB.cnc
....ClientOneFileC.cnc
..ClientTwo
....ClientTwoFileA.cnc
....ClientTwoFileB.cnc
....ClientTwoFilec.cnc
....ClientTwoFileD.cnc
..ClientThree

MainTPFolder on Network
..ClientOne
....ClientOneFileA.TLP
....ClientOneFileB.TLP
....ClientOneFileC.TLP
..ClientTwo
....ClientTwoFileA.TLP
....ClientTwoFileB.TLP
....ClientTwoFilec.TLP
....ClientTwoFileD.TLP
..ClientThree

The software could scan through the folder structure and move any .TLP that are in the .cnc folders to their appropriate toolpath folders and vice versa.

Probably cost $600 - $1K and we take Visa, MC and Discover.

Michael Trivette
08-25-2009, 4:31 AM
a simple and free progran called

PIKY BASKET

you just right click on the file and drop it into the "basket"

You can drop groups or single files and you can copy or move the files wherever you like

I recomend getting it from MajorGeeks dot com

Dave Johnson29
08-25-2009, 4:50 PM
a simple and free progran called
PIKY BASKET
you just right click on the file and drop it into the "basket"

Yeah, but that is a one at a time and every time thing. The OP is pretty much doing that now when he finds he has saved a tool-path to the Client folder group.

I was suggesting something that did it all with a single click.