PDA

View Full Version : Wood frames to hold ceramic tiles

Martin Boekers
08-20-2009, 1:38 PM
Been away for a bit finally catching up on my work! Whew!

I'm looking for a frame that will hold 6-6x6in tiles.

Here is a photo of what I have been using.

The tile projects have recently really started to sell here, I do the frame mural, wood boxes with inset, single frames either easle back or with a piece of slotted wood.

The issue I'm having is with a vendor:(

On my last order I had a frame falling apart and one out of square.
I didn't expect as much difficulty in returning these defective pieces as I encountered. They are a new supplier for my shop and how they dealt with this leaves little to be desired. So.... if that's how they stand by their product line I think it's time to explore other options:cool:

I have been real happy with doing the CLT to standard wall tiles as the tranfers are easy and doesn't involve extended laser time with fills and is so much cheaper and easier than dye sub.

If anyone knows of a quality vendor I really would appreciate it if you would pass it on.

Thanks

Marty

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-20-2009, 10:55 PM
This site may have what you are looking for.

http://www.aftosa.com

I have not ordered from them. Looks like they have a 15% restocking fee.

Martin Boekers
08-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks Mike!

They don't have the frames that I'm looking for but they do have a nice supply of boxes that I use also.

I'll place an order next week!

Thanks again,

Marty

Anthony Welch
08-22-2009, 7:57 AM
3Score has the tile frames. They also have a lot more sizes.

Anthony

R. A. Mitchell
08-23-2009, 3:35 PM
I have found Colorado Heirlooms to be reliable and consistent with these kinds of products.

Dave Johnson29
08-23-2009, 8:07 PM
Colorado Heirlooms

Is it my browser's javascript or don't they have prices on their website?

Peter Meacham
08-23-2009, 8:36 PM
Dave

There is a Wholesale Price List download link on the home page. But, you have to call or email Colorado Heirloom to get an account so you can download the Wholesale price listing.

Pete

Dave Johnson29
08-23-2009, 8:44 PM
There is a Wholesale Price List download link on the home page. But, you have to call or email Colorado Heirloom to get an account so you can download the Wholesale price listing.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that, so much for information superhighway eh? I will skip them.

Peter Meacham
08-23-2009, 9:03 PM
Dave

It might be worth the time and trouble, which isn't much really - they really have some nice products.

Pete

Mike Chance in Iowa
08-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for that, so much for information superhighway eh? I will skip them.

I fully support Colorado Heirloom's "no prices on the web site" policy.

For some of my special, really good customers, I will even tell them to poke around the CH web site and if they see anything they like, I'll order the item right away and engrave it as soon as it arrives. I have no worries about them seeing any prices and can price my engraved items the way I want to.

CH has also set up some hidden links so you can retrieve photos of items in a much larger format. They will tell you this when they give you the password. I wish more vendors did this.

Joe Motley
08-24-2009, 10:38 AM
We get frames from starlinepacific.com. The frames are well-hidden on the site. Go to "supplies", then "imprintables," then "tiles."
100 6x6" pecan frames @ 1.85 ea. We have found them to be very adequate.

Dave Johnson29
08-24-2009, 11:54 AM
We get frames from starlinepacific.com.

Thanks Joe,

That's excellent. It's the kind of website I like, and I don't mind 4 clicks to get the price and what a killer price it is. Thanks again.

Dave Johnson29
08-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I fully support Colorado Heirloom's "no prices on the web site" policy.

Mike,

I hate that hidden price stuff. So what if your customer knows what you pay for the blanks, they are paying for the laser work and your skills. Whenever I see a website with no prices I begin thinking rubber-band pricing as in whatever they think they can get.

Many many years back I sold display equipment to major retail department store chains and that's *exactly* what the company policy was. Sell for what you think you can get. I hated having to do it then and I hate it now.

I know I could get the price from CH with some extra work, but why should I bother when there are websites that do have the price right there? I respect their right to hide the prices but I hate doing extra work. :)

Martin Boekers
08-24-2009, 5:08 PM
Thanks all for your help, I'll be making some orders!

Marty