PDA

View Full Version : PC 310 router edge guide

doug faist
08-19-2009, 11:13 PM
I have, and have used, a PC 310 for the last 10 years and I have been looking all that time for an edge guide for the router. Pat Warner doesn't make one and the Microfence just seems awful pricey.

So,... has anyone designed their own edge guide for this router or found a company that makes one? I'm looking for one that is adjustable and able to follow curves and I've hit a dead end.

If you have designed your own, would you be willing to share plans or pictures?

Any suggestions would be be appreciated.

Doug

Scott Stafford
08-20-2009, 9:37 AM
I gave up looking and bought the Micro Fence. No regrets, I'm now very happy that I did.

Scott

Greg Hines, MD
08-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I made a double sided edge guide for my 690, with a base of 1/4" hardboard, and a pair of slots on each end. The guides are some scrap hardwood, and are attached with 5 star knobs. You can use one or both guides for it. I use both guides for mortising, but have taken one off for just cutting dados.

Doc

Mike Henderson
08-20-2009, 12:51 PM
I bit the the bullet and bought the mictofence, also. Good product but somewhat expensive. I found mine on eBay used and got it for a decent price.

Mike

Mort Stevens
08-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Does Woodcraft or Rockler sell the microfence? I didn't find it on their website.

glenn bradley
08-20-2009, 1:24 PM
Once upon a time Betterly bought a boat-load of 310's and was selling them after they had been discontinued. You could sure give them a call. http://www.betterleytools.com/