PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid Recall

John Terefenko
08-19-2009, 3:10 PM
I believe this warning deserves to be placed in all subforums because we all do not look at all the topics.

Not sure if there are any here that have this saw but if you do or know someone they need to read this. Thanks for looking and have a great day.

http://www.ridgid.com/Download/R4511_PR.pdf (http://www.ridgid.com/Download/R4511_PR.pdf)

Scott Conners
08-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Summarizing so everyone doesn't have to download the PDF:
"Ridgid Table Saws Sold Exclusively at Home Depot Recalled
by One World Technologies Due to Laceration Hazard

This recall involves Ridgid 10” table saws, model R4511. The recalled saws have
manufacturing date codes between CD0829 and CD0837. The model number and manufacturing
date code can be located on a metal plate on the rear of the cabinet. Products with an “Arbor
Inspected” sticker directly above the plate or an orange square on the outside of the package are
not included in the recall.

The table saw’s arbor shaft can fail when used with a stacked blade set (commonly
known as a “stacked dado set” and used to cut grooves). The stacked blade set can be ejected
from the saw, posing a potential laceration hazard to consumers."

Dave Schell
08-20-2009, 9:30 AM
The stacked dado set can be "ejected" and the risk is of a "laceration"???

I think "death" would be a more appropriate warning here.

Kaptan J.W. Meek
08-20-2009, 10:30 AM
No..A laceration, might not cause death.. might make you "WANT" to be dead, but you probably won't die.

Dave Schell
08-20-2009, 1:38 PM
I know a laceration would not cause death - I'm thinking that a ejected dado blade might though! :D

Dino Makropoulos
08-20-2009, 4:47 PM
A bad thought.:confused:
We can ship all the tablesaws to Afghanistan under heavy security.
With extra dado blades...
And let the Talibans take over... :rolleyes::D

curtis rosche
08-20-2009, 5:17 PM
do they come out all together? or is it one at a time?

Mike Svoma
08-20-2009, 10:19 PM
My saw falls right smack dab in the middle of those date codes. I will have to get them out here and get it fixed. Does anyone know if they are replacing the whole motor or just the arbor? I do know that it is an on-site repair.

Mike

Jerome Hanby
08-21-2009, 8:01 AM
I think they are just sending out some oven mits and a hockey mask:eek: