PDA

View Full Version : Wagner Airless Sprayer

Tom Peterson
09-09-2004, 8:40 AM
anyone have any info or experience with a Wagner 9140S two stroke airless sprayer? My local Ace is closing out and has a coupe of them for $170 versus a list of $390. My thought would be to use for furniture and general painting. thanks in advance for the input

Jim Becker
09-09-2004, 8:46 AM
Airless are just the ticket for latex paint and other thick materials for general painting (like your house, etc), but not likely to be "fun" for fine finishing materials.

Bob Hovde
09-09-2004, 9:04 AM
I agree with Jim. I painted my garage last night with the handheld Wagner and the 9140S would have been easier, but I wouldn't try either one for small jobs or fine finishing (like furniture). I did use it once in the house to spray some new closet woodwork. It worked great, but I used a fortune in plastic masking off the rest of the room.

Bob

larry merlau
09-09-2004, 12:54 PM
anyone have any info or experience with a Wagner 9140S two stroke airless sprayer? My local Ace is closing out and has a coupe of them for $170 versus a list of $390. My thought would be to use for furniture and general painting. thanks in advance for the input

jim becker has a link to a hvlp conversion gun that works great for almost everythng. i have used it for the house and garage painting so far and have been told by many, including the company owner. that it works well for finishing cabinets too. even tom silva from this old house uses one. so get on jims website and check out the hvlp gun can be had for the same or less than the airless you mentioned

http://sawsndust.com/r-wagnerhvlp.htm