PDA

View Full Version : No Turning for a week or two!

Robert Parrish
08-18-2009, 9:17 AM
I had cataract surgery yesterday and the doctor told me to avoid dust for a couple of weeks, bummer! Well maybe I will be able to see to turn better.

George Guadiane
08-18-2009, 9:32 AM
I had cataract surgery yesterday and the doctor told me to avoid dust for a couple of weeks, bummer! Well maybe I will be able to see to turn better.
I feel yuh!
I am going to have stitches removed from my hand tomorrow... I'm HOPING to get the all clear to go back to the lathe after a whole WEEK (we're such babies - ask my wife)... I had a varicose vein in my hand that was in exactly the wrong place, it HURT every time I put my hand in my pocket, so I HAD to get rid of it. I'll be a lot happier without it.

ANYWAY, good luck with your surgery, may it go without complication and may you heal perfectly and in comfort.
Since it's an eye thing, be cautious!

Bill Bolen
08-18-2009, 5:19 PM
Hope the surgery goes as planned and you see better soon. How about a trend airshield or a knock off. You could turn tomorrow...Bill..

Robert Parrish
08-18-2009, 8:46 PM
I have a Trend William but I would be afraid dust might sneak by. No sense in taking a chance.

Steve Schlumpf
08-18-2009, 8:56 PM
Robert - congrats on getting the surgery! Everyone I know who has had the operation have been thrilled with the results! Heal quickly! The lathe will be there waiting for you!

Bernie Weishapl
08-18-2009, 9:05 PM
My mom had that procedure done before she passed away. She said she could finally read a newspaper after 2 yrs without her glasses after the surgery. She couldn't read a newspaper even with her glasses before. Hope all goes well for you. Don't rush it.

charlie knighton
08-18-2009, 9:05 PM
Robert,

you will be thankful when the procedures are done.

which eye will they be doing first?

are you going to do the other one in a month?

are you going to have far or nearsight on both or one far and one near??

i have really enjoyed seeing again, and the stress relief from going blind will probably add 10 years to my life! :D