PDA

View Full Version : My next two projects

Jack Diemer
09-08-2004, 11:53 PM
One for my 7 year old son, and one for my 5 year old daughter. Any ideas for improvement to this design?

Jason Tuinstra
09-09-2004, 5:49 AM
Jack, I don't have any ideas. Just wanted to say that this looks like a great project. My wife and I really like that design. So press on and keep us updated as to your progress. Have fun!

Nathan Hoffman
09-09-2004, 8:27 AM
Looks like a real nice design. Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you access the doors behind the ladder (second photo)?

Jack Diemer
09-09-2004, 8:55 AM
Only one of the two doors on each side works. There are drawers behind one of the false doors, and the computer station behind the other.

Dick Parr
09-09-2004, 9:40 AM
Very nice Jack. I bet the kids love it.

Jack Diemer
09-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Hold on Dick, I haven't even started yet, I am just borrowing the design. One thing I have thought about is how to make it somewhat modular so it can be put together and taken apart easily. Maybe I am a little bit of a dreamer here, but a setup like this would be real nice in a dorm room.

Greg Daves
09-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Just showed the LOML and we may have found 'my' next project as well. What a great design, packs a lot of storage/utility in a small space. Would be interested to know the web site this came from to get an idea of overall size/measurements.

Thanks for sharing.
GD

Chris Padilla
09-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Dreamers have done a lot of neat (and terrible) things in our human history, Jack! Don't be afraid to dream...reaching them is how we grow!

Okay, philosphical !%#$#&* aside, that looks like a very cool project. By your descriptions, I gather you've seen this in person? That would help a lot. It looks like a great project!

Jack Diemer
09-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Search google for the words "Powell" "Rustica" "Full" "over" "Twin" and you will find several links to it. It runs arond $1000, I figure I can build them for around $400 each. There is a guy who sells plans on Ebay, but they suck and aren't worth the $12 he charges for them. I might redo them when the project is all said and done, and post somewhere for all to use.

Greg Daves
09-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks Jack, found it. Will be interested in your progress...blazing the trail for others so to speak. As one who would be interested in building as well, I would be more than happy to split the cost of the ebay plans with you to help defray expenses (yeah, I know, splitting the $12 with you, what a generous guy.)

thanks again,
GD