PDA

View Full Version : wall hanging

Terry Achey
08-17-2009, 11:42 PM
My first attempt at a wall hanging. Turned from two 12" mahogany circles and finished w/BLO and paste wax. Glued with CA. I made this piece start to finish during a five hour instructional course. I was learning the basics in this class, but like with so many other non-functional pieces, the possibilties are limited only by your creative imagination. Fun, fast and fairly simple to make.

Terry

alex carey
08-17-2009, 11:43 PM
wow that looks confusing, very cool, looking forward to more of them.

Richard Madison
08-17-2009, 11:49 PM
That's a cool piece Terry, but you have got it upside down.

Steve Schlumpf
08-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Very interesting piece Terry! Really like the swirled lines of the one piece - really adds depth to the artwork!

Christopher Fletcher
08-18-2009, 2:40 AM
That's a cool piece Terry, but you have got it upside down.

I agree. The heavy portion would be more pleasing to the eye if was placed at the bottom.

Kirk Miller
08-18-2009, 3:32 AM
I think if you turned 90 degrees and put a beak under it, it would be an Owl Face.

Very

Jeff Nicol
08-18-2009, 7:54 AM
I have always loved these type of turned and artistically manipulated pieces. I made one that was just pieces of scrap of many woods and put them all together is an array of different depths. It still is one of my favorite creations! Yours has simplicity with a lot going on by cutting it and spreading them the way you did, it takes the eyes to the connected area them all over the place for me! I like it a lot!

Great job and thanks for showing us your artistic side!

Jeff