PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Adirondack Chair, Pic's

Joseph N. Myers
09-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Been promising to post pictures of my adirondacks chairs ever since I brought one to Bill Grumbine's SMC east coast picnic some 5 weeks ago.

It is based on a typical design but is a little wider, more solid and comes apart in 4 pieces for storage and/or transportation (i.e., can easily put 2 or 3 in the truck and another 3 or 4 in the back seat). It is a straight back which almost everyone seems to like but I'm thinking of making a curve one this winter to see how it goes.

It can be built with under 20 bf of 4/4 and 6 SS nuts/bolts, 2 of them being hanger bolts. All screws are counter sunk and plugged and most are made out of white oak or walnut (although I have used white cedar, pine and plan on making some out of lucust).

I have matching foot rests, tables, trash cans, planters, etc. to go along with the chairs but they are just standard pieces.

The attached pictures is one I made some 8 years out of walnut. Its spent most of its time on the back porch, out of the rain but in the sun. Put on some Watco and Briwax a couple of months ago and came back looking like it did when I made it.

Regards, Joe

Kurt Aebi
09-09-2004, 7:23 AM
Joe,

What a great idea. Usually they are so bulky to store, this makes them very easy to store. Great idea and great Job - it looks fantastic.