PDA

View Full Version : Another Appliance thread (Question)

Rick Moyer
08-17-2009, 7:15 PM
We seem to be getting a rash of appliance issues so I'll add mine.

I have a Kenmore HE2t (washer) that is giving a fault code of F-01. My research suggests that the CCU (circuit board) has gone bad. This seems to be a prevalent problem with these machines, of course it's out of warranty I believe. Has anyone had any experience similar, and has anyone changed out their board? Seems like it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't know where it is or how to access it yet. Thought I'd ask a question before ordering one.

Al Willits
08-18-2009, 8:17 AM
I may have a manual for ya, send me the model and a email address if you want.

Al

Ben Franz
08-18-2009, 4:02 PM
Just a thought - if the failure is a common one on that appliance and it isn't too far out of warranty. it may be worth asking the manufacturer for the replacement part or a least some help on the cost. These are tough times but they may be willing to help as a good will gesture. Never know unless you try. Good luck.

Chris Padilla
08-19-2009, 1:40 PM
Try out repair2000.com...great forum for DIY'ers...the owner there has yet to steer me wrong....

Rick Moyer
08-19-2009, 8:42 PM
Well, I found an uploadable repair manual which had some test procedures for the control unit. I can't say I found anything definitely wrong as I didn't do all the tests, but when I tired of testing the connectors I simply tried the washer again and it works! I don't feel there were any bad connectors as they were all hard to disconnect but it's working for now.
I'll repost if it quits again.

Jeffrey Makiel
08-20-2009, 8:56 AM
I had two dishwashers that had their circuit board panels go bad. Due to the replacement cost (over $250), it totalled the first dishwasher which was out of warranty.

The second dishwasher's circuit board went bad right after installation so the warranty covered it. The repair guy said that it would normally be a big cost repair.

I recommend checking out RepairClinic.com. It will give you a good idea of what the part costs.

Good luck,
-Jeff :)

Rick Moyer
08-20-2009, 8:47 PM
I had two dishwashers that had their circuit board panels go bad. Due to the replacement cost (over $250), it totalled the first dishwasher which was out of warranty.

The second dishwasher's circuit board went bad right after installation so the warranty covered it. The repair guy said that it would normally be a big cost repair.

I recommend checking out RepairClinic.com. It will give you a good idea of what the part costs.

Good luck,
-Jeff :)
Yeah, I had looked at RepairClinic and the pic they show is not the same as mine. Right now the washer is still working again. The board would be close to $200 for the part only.