PDA

View Full Version : Pardon the interuption

Jon Lanier
08-17-2009, 2:48 PM
Been out of work for 5 months, (no unemployment) things getting really tight and today the refrigerator decides to quit working. My mind would blow if it wasn't for the goodness of my Lord.

Had to get that out of my system.

(you may now go back to you normal programming schedule.)

Jim O'Dell
08-17-2009, 3:57 PM
And gives a fellow believer the opportunity to pray for his brother, that things will change for the better. Keep the great attitude! That may be the message someone out there needs to see in the flesh. Jim.

Brent Smith
08-17-2009, 4:02 PM
I don't mean to be flip Jon, but things can only get better from here. Keep your chin up!

Jon Lanier
08-19-2009, 9:00 PM
Okay, repairman came and said nothing wrong with the fridge, plugged in and working fine.

Now the freezer is making ice but the 'fridge' part is doing nothing. Oh there can be joy found in living out of coolers. You get to meet the ice man since he was delivering at the time of my getting to the store.

Phyllis Meyer
08-20-2009, 8:41 AM
Jon,

A big "way to go" for writing! Don't ever feel like you have to do it alone, talking it out is great therapy...having others pray for you can work miracles! It is tough out there, economy-finances-job losses-home foreclosures...and you are so right, relying on the Lord is first and foremost the way to go. We will be praying for you and we truly hope that your day is full of SONshine!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Steve Schlumpf
08-20-2009, 8:51 AM
Jon - I'm not a refrigerator repairman and I haven't played one on TV - but I remember having a problem like that with my fridge many years ago and it turned out that the freon coils were chocked full of dust bunnies and were no longer able to dissipate heat. The fridge would run but could never cool off the interior. A vacuum and 5 minutes took care of the problem.

I hope you find out what the problem is soon and are able to get your fridge back! I have lived out of coolers before and it gets old real fast!

Jerome Hanby
08-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Jon, find a freecycle (google for it, think they are yahoo group based) in your area and check out what's available. I see fridges there all the time. You can get a fridge and someone can get their old one out of the way, win win!

Rod Sheridan
08-20-2009, 1:33 PM
Jon, my Mom's fridge had the same symptom, when I looked at it the fan inside the refrigerator compartment had seized.

Once I took the fan motor out, cleaned and lubricated it, it was fine.

Regards, Rod.

Jon Lanier
08-20-2009, 4:10 PM
Thanks everyone, most all things were checked. Turns out to be some kind of computer chip problem. Since when did they start putting computer boards in refrigerators???? :eek:

The piece is ordered and hopefully be here tomorrow. I'd look for a newer (used) fridge but can I do that for the same price to fix this one? Probably not and I don't have to use gas to travel all over the place getting it.

Once again thank you for your concerns and prayers.

The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands. -Psalm 138:8

Rod Upfold
08-20-2009, 5:36 PM
Here you go Jon...

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/index.php?

Jon Lanier
08-21-2009, 9:51 PM
Praise the Lord the refrigerator is fixed. And here is the reason the 'mother board.'

Once again, "Since when do refrigerators come with computers in them?" $150.00.... I have a really old laptop... Why couldn't he use the parts from that to fix it?

Steve Schlumpf
08-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Jon - glad to hear you got your fridge back up and running! You never really appreciate things like that until you have to go without for awhile!

Have to admit - never heard of a motherboard in a fridge! Just goes to show ya... it's always something!