PDA

View Full Version : Dennis - How is it going!

Kurt Aebi
09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Dennis,

I as well as others, surely are on pins & needles waiting for reports of your progress!

It was really looking like you were making Good progress and things were really looking good for the delivery.

How's it coming, buddy. Post when you get a chance.

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-08-2004, 1:00 PM
I am on pins and needles here myself. I tried to give Dennis a call, but no answer on the Cell. He is probably in the zone, getting the finishing touches on the box. Almost home Buddy.............almost home. ;)

Dennis Peacock
09-08-2004, 2:16 PM
Well.....Let's just say I had a <b>Major</b> setback yesterday and last night. I talked with the "maker of the knife" about the box and he wasn't real thrilled with the idea of using wooden hinges.!!! :mad: :mad: :eek:

So-o-o-o-o-o, I had to design again to make allowances for the little bitty "pen hinges" that I fortunately had the fore-sight to order from LV when I ordered my last stuff from there and I just happened to have some in Brass (which I know he don't like) and I had some in Nickle Plating (which he will go for a little better).

I had to recut the BACK part of the box where I had spent 10 hours just mortising for the wooden hinges!! :mad: Fortunately....I am gaining speed on this box now and have all the last cuts layed out and almost ready for the cuts. The edges have been rounded over on the outside of the box as Ron had requested. I should be ready for sanding and final assembly by some time tonight. :confused:

Kurt Aebi
09-08-2004, 3:21 PM
Dennis,

We're still behind ya buddy. The little Nickel plated "pen hinges" should look really nice with the Ebony - it will set off nicely.

Man I hurt for ya buddy, especially after spending 10 hours on teh hinges and mortices for the hinges. One- Off's have to be the most troublesome jobs to do - and you'll never make up your time on these ones.

We're here pullin' for ya! Good Luck - You deserve a better customer - for sure!

Jerry Olexa
09-08-2004, 4:22 PM
Just a bump in the road. With your skills, you'll recover quickly and have it looking great soon! I'm a little nervous myself. Just screwed up a big Cherry arch w custom Molding and had to mix up a batch of Cherry sawdust and glue to patch. I'm hoping the sanding and oil/ varnish will all blend in and cover my mistake (another one). You'll be fine! You're a professional , Just be sure to wear your SMC hat!!

David Rose
09-09-2004, 12:17 AM
So is he expecting you to come up with the ideas for the hinges? Does he just want a magnetically attached top? What does he want? It sounds like there is some communication breakdown somewhere. I can understand that one!

David

Well.....Let's just say I had a <b>Major</b> setback yesterday and last night. I talked with the "maker of the knife" about the box and he wasn't real thrilled with the idea of using wooden hinges.!!! :mad: :mad: :eek:

So-o-o-o-o-o, I had to design again to make allowances for the little bitty "pen hinges" that I fortunately had the fore-sight to order from LV when I ordered my last stuff from there and I just happened to have some in Brass (which I know he don't like) and I had some in Nickle Plating (which he will go for a little better).

I had to recut the BACK part of the box where I had spent 10 hours just mortising for the wooden hinges!! :mad: Fortunately....I am gaining speed on this box now and have all the last cuts layed out and almost ready for the cuts. The edges have been rounded over on the outside of the box as Ron had requested. I should be ready for sanding and final assembly by some time tonight. :confused: