PDA

View Full Version : Putting up my new shop

Greg Pierce
08-15-2009, 8:09 PM
For 5 years I've had this building sitting on pallets waiting. Finally I have the time to get it up. Been working for about 3 months. Getting closer. Can't wait to get my equipment home from my business shop.

Ron Jones near Indy
08-15-2009, 8:18 PM
Interior pics coming soon I hope. Looks like a nice space. Keep those pics coming.

Greg Pierce
08-15-2009, 8:21 PM
Ron,
Yeah I will have some more shortly. Right now I am putting insulation on the inside. Using the Foil Type radiant barrier insulation, 4' wide. It's supposed to be r16. I sure hope it works! Next is the epoxy floor. Finish my wiring, plumb the bathroom, put my roll up door on and entry door. Move them machines in!, make sawdust.

Richard Wolf
08-15-2009, 8:46 PM
Great looking shop, it's a shame it was sitting around all that time.

Richard

Greg Pierce
08-20-2009, 7:36 PM
Here's the inside of my building. I am washing down the floor getting ready for epoxy. The silver insulation is to keep aliens away..... or it's just radiant barrier insulation, I forgot.

Greg Pierce
08-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Here is a picture of the Rustoleum epoxy flooring. It went down easy and looks nice. after a couple days of drying I'm ready to start putting in equipment. Now I need to figure out where to put the tools. A blank page just has too many options. I have Delta unisaw, Delta planer, Jointer, drill press, scroll saw, my work bench, router table, dust collector, a few cabinets. Any ideas from any one who thinks, "if I had it to do over again I would......."

Thanks for the input.

Dan Friedrichs
08-23-2009, 4:21 PM
Greg,

Maybe you've seen this, but Grizzly has a "build your dream shop" page on their website that lets you place tools in a shop (you specify the size), then drag them around as much as you want. Might help you figure out how to get everything to fit...

Ted Jay
08-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Here's the inside of my building.....

What's that building size, 20x60?

If your tight for space in there you do have problems! :eek:

Looks like a good space though, with plenty of room to grow.

How did you like putting the sections together? Did you raise them one section at a time or two sections bolter together at a time? I'm assuming you had a lift...

Ted

Greg Pierce
08-24-2009, 7:58 PM
Ted, the instructions said to put all sections together, then "gather a few friends" one person on a scaffold, four people on the ground and just lift it up. Yeah, right, that sucker bent, twisted folded, went every way but where it was supposed to. So I had my skid steer there, we put on forks and put a guy on the forks, four on the sides and started lifting. After we got the hang of it not so bad. The first 2 or 3 were boogers.

The building is 30 X 40