PDA

View Full Version : Saw Fence Digital Readout - For Euro Saws

Jeff Wright
08-15-2009, 1:12 PM
Anyone know if there is a viable digital read out device for Euro combo saws with their sliding table/crosscut fence? While I can get good accuracy and repeatability with the stock setup, I'd like the option to go digital for even greater precision.

Scott Hildenbrand
08-15-2009, 1:39 PM
As in reads out in mm?

Jeff Wright
08-15-2009, 1:58 PM
As in reads out in mm?

Ideally a digital device that will read out in inches and mm.

Leigh Betsch
08-15-2009, 1:59 PM
Do you mean digital readouts for the cross cut fence stops or the rip fence? My MiniMax has a factory digital readout on the rip fence, you might beable to get one to retrofit from MM, if your saw is a MM. If you mean digital readouts for the cross cut fence stops, I believe Sam Basco built one for a MM slider. I have seen pics someplace, either here or the MM owners forum on Yahoo...

Jeff Wright
08-15-2009, 2:05 PM
Do you mean digital readouts for the cross cut fence stops or the rip fence? My MiniMax has a factory digital readout on the rip fence, you might beable to get one to retrofit from MM, if your saw is a MM. If you mean digital readouts for the cross cut fence stops, I believe Sam Basco built one for a MM slider. I have seen pics someplace, either here or the MM owners forum on Yahoo...

I mean the crosscut fence. I have a three-year-old MM 410 Elite. I am familiar with Sam's set-up and also recall his having a bit of struggle getting it modified to fit. I was hoping that since he installed his adapted one there was a newer system introduced.

Leigh Betsch
08-15-2009, 2:10 PM
I'll be watching. I too would like to go digital on the cross cut fence.

Ben Abate
08-16-2009, 6:08 AM
Jeff,

One of the fellows on this site, Jay Brewer has a SAW STOP in his Felder 700 series saw and it is the cats __ __ __... He and I have the same saw and when I was at his home last year he demonstrated how he put a nickel on the table, then he registered the fence up against the nickel. Pushed a button and the fence went to it's home settting and came back to the original spot against the nickel without touching the nickel. He did it three times and the fence came back to the original spot against the nickel without knocking it over. I was impressed with the repeatibility of the Saw Stop Fence...........Contact Jay here on the site to have him explain...........NOT CHEAP!!!!!!!!

Ben

Leigh Betsch
08-16-2009, 9:06 AM
Jeff,

One of the fellows on this site, Jay Brewer has a SAW STOP in his Felder

Ben

Was it a Saw Stop or Tiger Stop?

J.R. Rutter
08-17-2009, 1:23 AM
That would be Tiger Stop. I have a Tiger Rip on my Saw Stop. They really are very accurate. They make a crosscut version for sliders.

Ben Abate
08-17-2009, 6:24 AM
Leigh,

your correct, thanks it was a Tiger Stop......

Ben

Jay Brewer
08-17-2009, 6:45 AM
The Tiger Rip is a replacement for the old fence that is CNC controlled. It does an amazing job, with a price tag to match. I have not regretted the purchase one bit, it has saved me countless hours of walking around the slider to adjust the rip fence.

I have been a little more reluctant to buy the Tiger Cross Cut for the slider. It also replaces your current crosscut fence and doesn't look like you can move it for miters very easily.

If you want digital cross cut stops, look at Accurate Technologies (proscale.com). They make some nice retrofits for sliders that attach directly to your existing stops. Hope this helps