PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Bethlehem Olive Wood

Terry Quiram
09-08-2004, 8:25 AM
My thanks to the folks at Bethlehem Olive Wood for the pen blanks. I received them in the mail yesterday. The wood grain pattern is pretty impressive. I am very anxious to turn them. Now if I only had some kits that weren't glued up.

Terry

Jim Baker
09-10-2004, 8:34 PM
My thanks to the folks at Bethlehem Olive Wood for the pen blanks. I received them in the mail yesterday. The wood grain pattern is pretty impressive. I am very anxious to turn them. Now if I only had some kits that weren't glued up.

Terry

Mine arrived earlier this week too. They are very beautiful. Luckily for me, I do have several Pen Kits that are not yet glued up. I hope to try some this weekend.

I hope to finish some/most/all of them with CA. I haven't tried it yet. I'm paranoid about gluing my blanks to my mandrel or worse yet gluing myself to my lathe.

Michael Stafford
09-10-2004, 8:38 PM
Putting a coat of paste wax on your mandrel and bushings will help with the CA problem there. Use a plastic bag over your finger as you apply the glue. WEAR a face shield. CA will do a number on your eyes.

Dennis Peacock
09-10-2004, 9:16 PM
<b>PICs....Must have PICs..!!!!</b> :D :D

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-10-2004, 9:42 PM
Terry, you are going to love the results from turning those blanks. I have purchased blanks from the good folks at Bethlehem Olive Wood and they are very nice. The smell when you drill and turn those is unreal. The only thing I have turned for pens than can come close to the beauty and finish is that Lilac you gave me. The Pens turned from Lilac and Olivewood are crowd favorites everywhere I take them. Have fun with them Terry...........they are very special. :)