PDA

View Full Version : IWF Atlanta Discount Tickets

Richard Spain
08-13-2009, 9:41 PM
Has anyone seen any discount tickets floating around for the 2010 IWF in Atlanta. The show starts on August 25 and I hate paying full price.:mad:
Richard

Bruce Wrenn
08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Has anyone seen any discount tickets floating around for the 2010 IWF in Atlanta. The show starts on August 25 and I hate paying full price.:mad:
Richard Stop, just a minute. You have a YEAR to get a ticket. Most vendor's will give you a free ticket. Last year, Grizzly paid my and my wife's way in. Woodworkers Supply has also paid my registration in the past.

John Thompson
08-15-2009, 10:12 AM
You probably won't see them until next summer, Richard. Be patient as IWF is a year away at this point as stated.

C Scott McDonald
08-15-2009, 9:28 PM
How much do they cost? AWFS was only 15 bucks.

John Thompson
08-16-2009, 8:18 AM
How much do they cost? AWFS was only 15 bucks.

They cost around $25 at the gate if you didn't pre-register in 2006.. I cannot say what they cost in 2008 as I had an exhibitor pass because I helped assemble machines before and demonstrated them during the show for Steel City at that show.

The exhibitors section of their web-site is now taking applications and nothing is set in stone at this point IMO with exception of the amount an exhibitor is charged per foot for floor space.. fee's etc. I personally think individual prices to get in the door will not be determined until they see what kind of response they get ffom exhibitors.

The 2008 show was a bit light in Atlanta and the AWFS was very light from what I heard so... who knows at this point with a weak economy and tool sales especially down. I can tell you that it cost a ton to rent floor space.. transport tools.. assemble.. provide transport and rooms for those working the show.. etc. etc..

So... only time will tell who will be there exhibiting and how much it's going to cost to get in. There are 3 building used at IWF in Atlanta with well over 200,000 sq. ft. each. One has almost 300,000. Can vendors world-wide afford it in our troubled economy? Back to only time will tell...