PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Creekers It's official!

Tyler Howell
09-07-2004, 8:22 PM
Midwest Creekers It's official! We have a time, a date, a place and We have door prizes!! Thanks to Mark Bachler We have a
Minneapple Saw Mill Creek Party!!:D :D

All that is missing is you for the
Minneapolis WW Show and SMC Get Together.
http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/index.php?pageName=Show&eventName=Minneapolis (http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/index.php?pageName=Show&eventName=Minneapolis)

Market Bar-B- Que
Downtown Minneapolis
1414 Nicollet Avenue
Minneapolis 55403
Order off the Menu, Full Bar Services

http://twincities.citysearch.com/customer_website/5578471 (http://twincities.citysearch.com/customer_website/5578471)

October 16, 2004
5:30 PM Local Time.

Don't need to move your car. 1.5 blocks from the show.
Staying for the day. You can party and hit the road early.
This WWW. Will Get all the info on the Twin Cities sites and lodging.
http://twincities.citysearch.com (http://twincities.citysearch.com/)
We have Mall of America!!!:rolleyes:
Please RSVP Early Space Is Limited

Tyler_Howell@msn.com (Tyler_Howell@msn.com)

John Miliunas
09-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Well, dagnabit! I was really looking forward to this and even had LOML's blessing on it and now I see it's slugged as a Minnesota-fest! :eek: Bummed! :( :( :( :cool:

Tyler Howell
09-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Well, dagnabit! I was really looking forward to this and even had LOML's blessing on it and now I see it's slugged as a Minnesota-fest! :eek: Bummed! :( :( :( :cool:Dude I fixed it in the body of the Post but the title is unforgiving:mad: .
My Bad! All are welcome, Even Green and Gold!

John Miliunas
09-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Dude I fixed it in the body of the Post but the title is unforgiving:mad: .
My Bad! All are welcome, Even Green and Gold!

Yeah, I knew that! Just trying to "stir it up a bit". I still "owe" 'ya a bit of razzin'. (Larry M. can fill you in....). Anyhow, I'm thinking it's a "GO" for me! Any decent place to stay nearby, which won't cost me an arm and a leg? I figured I'd hit the road about 6-ish Sat. morning, which should get me there before 11:00. Hit the show, hit the festivities after and then, not have to worry about driving back the 4-1/2 hours or so until the next day! :) LOML is good with it, though I did have to fight her back. Heckuva' place to put that dang "Mall of America", I'd say! :mad: :cool:

Cecil Arnold
09-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Tyler, it sounds like you Minn. guys have cooked up have a great party, but I didn't know anyone north of Kansas City knew how to BBQ.

Steven Wilson
09-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Tyler, it sounds like you Minn. guys have cooked up have a great party, but I didn't know anyone north of Kansas City knew how to BBQ. Spent 5 years in Texas and learned while I was there, went over well in Saudi (great BBQ place).

Thomas Prondzinski
09-08-2004, 7:15 AM
Tyler

Count me in, Thanks for organizining a get together. It should be great.

Tom

Gredo Goldenstein
09-08-2004, 7:59 AM
Saturday huh?

I plan on being there on Friday, but the Mrs. knows that the Home and Garden Show is there that same weekend. I might be there 2 days in a row, which may work out ok. If there is anything I missed on Friday, I can go back on Saturday :)

Is this show at the Convention Center instead of at the State Fairgrounds or just a different show?

Back to the shop, makin' saw dust :D
The G Man

Tyler Howell
09-08-2004, 8:29 AM
Saturday huh?

I plan on being there on Friday, but the Mrs. knows that the Home and Garden Show is there that same weekend. I might be there 2 days in a row, which may work out ok. If there is anything I missed on Friday, I can go back on Saturday :)

Is this show at the Convention Center instead of at the State Fairgrounds or just a different show?

Back to the shop, makin' saw dust :D
The G ManGredo There is one at both!! Haven't seen any adds for the fair yet.

Russell Svenningsen
09-08-2004, 9:11 AM
I'll be there! Market BBQ.................yummmm.

First rounds on me.

See you then!

Josh Bendel
09-08-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm going on Friday:D too but I'm pretty sure I'll be around on Saturday.

David Wilson
09-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Sorry folks, I won't be abel to make it. Have to take my mother to catch a plane in Fargo at 2:40 PM on saturday. Maby next year.

Chad Pater
09-08-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm going to try....mid October is very busy with harvest time and such but we'll see. I noticed there is a "dollar off coupon" or "wife gets in free" deal on the website Tyler posted. Hey every dollar counts right (more ribs for me afterwards).
And Russell, I sent a PM your way since your now in "my neighborhood".

Mark J Bachler
09-08-2004, 1:26 PM
It took me months & months and thousands of letters to get "The Wood Working Show" to do a fall show in Minneapolis just so we could all get together. (not)

I just found the link.

We'll have to wear our hats so we know who's who.

John Miliunas
09-08-2004, 1:33 PM
We'll have to wear our hats so we know who's who.

Mark, you're a RIOT! Gee, I wish you woulda' got them to do a Wisconsin show in the Fall! :D Anyhow, I don't do hats. I think I DO own a Packer cap, but I'm afraid that even my own daughter wouldn't recognize me after wearing it in THAT neck 'o the woods! :eek: You'll just have to look for the good lookin' guy in the leather Packer jacket! :D :cool:

Royce Meritt
09-08-2004, 1:44 PM
Tyler-
I PM'ed you but thought I would reply here as well. Thanks for organizing this. I see you have DOOR PRIZES lined up. Are you taking donations? I would be happy to donate one of my custom made duck calls as a door prize.

Tyler Howell
09-08-2004, 2:07 PM
Mark, you're a RIOT! Gee, :D Anyhow, I don't do hats.
John, Some of us wouldn't do hats either if we had that curly locks to keep the heads warm:o ;)

keith zimmerman
09-08-2004, 2:39 PM
I may just be able to schedule a visit up there at that time and at least get over to the restaurant. LOML's coffeehouse will finally be open by then and it is at 10th and Portland, which is only a few blocks away.

keithz

Joe Breid
09-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Everything was going great!

Woodworking show close to home,
New SMC hat to wear,
Tyler plans a get together,
Cabbage in the wallet
I'm ready to go,
or did I forget something?

O yes, I should block the date on my calendar, That's when I realize I will be on vacation in California with my wife that weekend!!! :( :( :(

O well, There's always next year.

Joe

John Miliunas
09-09-2004, 8:33 AM
O yes, I should block the date on my calendar, That's when I realize I will be on vacation in California with my wife that weekend!!! :( :( :(

Joe

Oh come on.....! Now, WHAT kind of excuse is that?! :eek: Put her on the plane, hand her the plastic card and tell her you'll catch up to her after the show and get-together! :) Simple! :rolleyes: :cool:

Mark J Bachler
09-09-2004, 3:06 PM
Hey look Tyler, you got stickied!!

Chris Padilla
09-09-2004, 3:10 PM
Oh come on.....! Now, WHAT kind of excuse is that?! :eek: Put her on the plane, hand her the plastic card and tell her you'll catch up to her after the show and get-together! :) Simple! :rolleyes: :cool:
Whoa! Hold on there, Cowboy! We need some folks to visit Cali and spend some bucks here! :D

Joe, whereabouts you headin'?

John Miliunas
09-09-2004, 3:29 PM

Yeah....Stickied with the wrong subject line, no less!!! :mad: That's OK....I *KNOW* he HAS to come through Cheeseland every now and again! It'll catch up to him..... :eek: :cool:

Tyler Howell
09-09-2004, 6:09 PM
OOOO! and it feels so Good!;)

Joe Breid
09-09-2004, 11:22 PM
John,
If I give her the plastic there would not be enough left for me to have any fun at the WW show. :D

Chris,

I will be in San Diego for a convention Oct 9-12 and then on the 13th we are heading North and will end up in the San Francisco area.

Joe

John Miliunas
09-09-2004, 11:37 PM
John,
If I give her the plastic there would not be enough left for me to have any fun at the WW show. :D

LOL! Know what you mean: When LOML found out this event was to be in the general area of the Mall of America, she wanted to come along! :eek: I said, "Fine but, you'll need to hand over the checkbook AND plastic before I'd even consider cutting you loose in there!" :D Long story short: She's NOT coming along! :) Seriously, she figured she just got back from here 4-1/2-day vacation from the Carolina's, so it's my turn. :) Have fun in CA! :cool:

Mark J Bachler
09-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Sorry Tyler unstickied. Nothing lasts forever.

Gredo Goldenstein
09-11-2004, 6:27 AM
Does anyone know what vendors are going to be at the show? I am considering buying a dovetail jig and I am on that Leigh/Akeda fence.

I'd love to make it to Market BBQ on Saturday. I havn't been there for years.

Tyler Howell
09-11-2004, 8:16 AM
Does anyone know what vendors are going to be at the show? I am considering buying a dovetail jig and I am on that Leigh/Akeda fence.

I'd love to make it to Market BBQ on Saturday. I havn't been there for years.Gredo,
The Web sight
http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/index.php?pageName=Show&eventName=Minneapolis (http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/index.php?pageName=Show&eventName=Minneapolis)
wasn't too helpful on resellers but looks like some Big Iron folks will be we well repped. I know Rockler for sure. They've provided all the door prizes to date, Woodcraft and 7 Corners are in the house. Hoping for more details as we get closer.;)

keith zimmerman
10-04-2004, 10:49 AM
I can finally say that I will be able to be there myself. I will be in Minneapolis that day. My girlfriend's NEW coffehouse opens the day before over on 10th St. between Park and Portland, so I will be in the vicinity and will plan to join everyone at the restaurant.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Minneapolis/Minnesota area so I will know people when I retire and move back to the area.

keithz

Dave Richards
10-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Tyler, you'd better eat some ribs for me. I'm not going to be able to make. I got daddy duty that Saturday and company coming. I'm kind of bummed but it's hard to be too bummed when I've got this to look forward to.
http://hamiltonwoodworks.com/drichards/Ian%20David/New%20Pics%209_14/Big%20Laugh.jpg
http://hamiltonwoodworks.com/drichards/Ian%20David/New%20Pics%209_14/Pepe%20and%20Ian.jpg