PDA

View Full Version : Strange? Corel problem

Tom Bull
08-12-2009, 7:36 PM
Don't know exactly how to express what is going on succinctly. I am trying to do a powerclip. When I click to "place inside container" the result is like the original image has jumped up inside the container. If I knew how to add screen images of what's going on I would. An example would be if I wanted a face in an oval and it was all nice and centered, but then when I click for the power clip I would get a lot of neck and loose the forehead and hair.
Any idea what might be going on?
I just put Corel on the wife's desktop and this is where the problem occurs. No problem on the laptop. version = X3.
Thanks,
Tom

Margaret Turco
08-12-2009, 7:54 PM
Hey Tom, go to Tools, Options, Workspace, Edit, and un-click Auto Center new powerclip contents.

Steve Clarkson
08-12-2009, 7:56 PM
You should be able to edit the object and just pull it down. Left click your mouse (or is it right.....not sure, I use a en tablet), click edit and you should be good to go.

Tom Bull
08-12-2009, 8:01 PM
You guys are the greatest!!!

Larry Bratton
08-12-2009, 8:02 PM
Tom:
I don't know the answer to your Powerclip question..but..you already have a tool with X3 Corel to do screen captures. Look under programs for Corel Capture (assuming you installed it). Set it up and you can make screenshots until your heart is content. I'm sure some of our Corel gurus can answer your other question.

Tom Bull
08-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I will have to give that a try.