PDA

View Full Version : New power tool in the shop!

Sparky Paessler
09-07-2004, 6:52 PM
Had a new power tool in the shop Saturday and just had to get a picture of it. Sure beats a pick and shovel! :D

Steve Evans
09-07-2004, 6:57 PM
Sparky

That brings back some memories. I dug out my basement a couple of years ago, lowering the floor by about 6 feet. We dug a ramp with the skidsteer, and after a fair bit of shovel work, were able to get in with the skidsteer and dig out the rest. What a great litle toyl.

Tyler Howell
09-07-2004, 7:03 PM
Now that is a gloat Sparly! A real power tool.;)

Jack Young
09-07-2004, 7:12 PM
Looks like you have some space on the way. All for a workshop? If so, I'm green with envy. Keep us posted on the progress.

Jack

Jim Ketron
09-07-2004, 7:20 PM
:D Looks like you got that shop cleaned out fast.
I would have liked to stayed and helped you, but you heard the BOSS!!
She cracked the whip.
She enjoyed visiting you as much as I did but the shoping bug bit her LOL!
Jim

Alan Tolchinsky
09-07-2004, 7:20 PM
At least that's one tool I don't want. :) Thank goodness!

Sparky Paessler
09-08-2004, 8:02 AM
Steve

It sounds like you did way more than I'm doing. I am digging out a 6' x16' ,7'x7', and a 5'x12' area plus a ramp outside for the new full height door.

Jack

Yes it is going to all be workshop! I have been waiting 14 years for this project.

Alan & Tyler

It was just a rental. They picked it up Tuesday morning. Sure was fun to use though. (At least outside where there was room. Inside there was not quite enough space to manuver it and I kept bumping into walls and things. Should have gotten the smaller one.

Jim

Glad you could come down and see it. There is still plenty of dirt to move but I think you already have your hands full finishing your shop. (which is looking great.) I'm looking forward to building the block walls and pouring the concrete.

Dick Parr
09-08-2004, 8:44 AM
Boy-O-Boy , some guys just have to raise the bar on the tools needed in the shop. :eek: Are we all going to have to go out and get one now to keep up? :D :p

Sparky Paessler
09-08-2004, 9:08 AM
You need one Dick. It's great for moving those large turning blanks around! :D :D

Steve Stube
09-08-2004, 11:10 AM
That work should be done slowly and carefully with a spoon and small brush cuz you never know where the bodies are burried;)

I guess by now you must have a pretty good size pile of sand somewhere.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Sparky......are you planning on using that new tool to remove sawdust? :D

Sparky Paessler
09-08-2004, 1:21 PM
Ken

No actually I thought the teeth on the bucket could be sharpened up and used like scrapers on the lathe. Can't you see me sitting in it bucket raised up turning a bowl on the lathe. The bucket would even catch the shavings and I could just drive outside and dump them. Who needs a cyclone!. :D :D