PDA

View Full Version : emmert clone, need help

harvey arnold
08-12-2009, 3:06 PM
i recently bought an emmert clone and it is missing a piece, the long flat metal bar, support/lock?. the one that slides thru a clamp to tilt the vise
i have the piece that screws to the table and locks the metal bar in a cam action clamp.
if anyone with an emmert clone could post the dimensions of this support bar i would greatly appreciate it.

it is also missing install directions/template so if you could also post how far to mount the clamp for the support bar please do.
thatnk you

harry strasil
08-12-2009, 6:53 PM
http://www.mprime.com/Emmert/index.htm

Kevin Hampshire
08-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Look at Highland's emmert clone. It has a pdf link to the instructions.

Jim Koepke
09-01-2009, 1:40 AM
Look at Highland's emmert clone. It has a pdf link to the instructions.

I am wondering about their vice as to quality and such. One of the things I would like someday is an Emmert or clone.

jim

george wilson
09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Do you have a nearby Woodcraft store ? They stock those clones.

I should think by examining the clamp part where the bar goes through,you should be able to tell the thickness and width needed. Look at the pictures listed above. The length is determined by just tilting the vise and seeing how much length you need. There is only 1 hole to drill.Do you have the pin that goes through it?

harvey arnold
09-03-2009, 3:45 PM
yes there is a woodcraft store nearby, thank you! hadnt even thought of that.
yes i have the pin, just the bar is missing.
so far from browsing i think it needs to be 15 inches long and 1/4 inch thick, and from measuring the clamp 1 or 1 1/4 inch wide. i got a 1/4 x 1 inch flat bar from lowes and will hopefully get around to trying to mount it this coming weekend.
thank you again for the woodcraft store idea, i cant believe i never thought of that.

harry strasil
09-03-2009, 5:27 PM
The Emmert site I posted has all those measurements.