PDA

View Full Version : St. Joe, Mo Guild meeting

harry strasil
08-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Al Navas invited me to the St. Joseph, Mo WWing Guild meeting as his guest last night.

I really enjoyed being at the meeting Al, Thank You very much for your friendship and inviting me as your Guest, I don't think I embarrased him, but he laid it on a little thick when he introduced me and then I had to stand up so everyone could stare at me when I was requested to finish what he started.

And my wife enjoyed her stay at Wally World's senior female day care fascility while I was at the meeting. She asked for a little money to shop for some quilting material and she got into her emergency fund and tripled what I gave her. But she enjoyed being out amongst them as she is originally from KC,Mo and now she lives in a small town, and stays in most of the time as she is on Oxygen therapy 24/7 and has allergies and can't take the heat, and she had just checked out and was waiting for me when I got there to pick her up.

I keep telling her when we go by the Hooters on Barry Road that that is the Day Care Center for Old Retired Blacksmiths, but she just smiles and tells me to keep driving. LOL

Thank You
Jr.

Don C Peterson
08-12-2009, 1:00 PM
Well shoot! I wish I'd known about that. I was up at Simpson & and Sons Sawmill yesterday picking up a pile of wood for my next project. Of course Al's name came up as a well known customer of theirs.

I know Al had volunteered to host a neander get together in the fall. I think it's a good idea if Al is still up for it?

Al Navas
08-12-2009, 9:30 PM
Al Navas invited me to the St. Joseph, Mo WWing Guild meeting as his guest last night.

I really enjoyed being at the meeting Al, Thank You very much for your friendship and inviting me as your Guest, I don't think I embarrased him, but he laid it on a little thick when he introduced me and then I had to stand up so everyone could stare at me when I was requested to finish what he started...

Jr.,

It was great to have you as a Guest of the St Joseph Woodworkers Guild. Heck, not one person said anything bad about you after you left. They all knew you had to pick up the Missus at Wally World.

Now I must check that Sr. Retirement facility on North Barry Rd... :D

Well shoot! I wish I'd known about that. I was up at Simpson & and Sons Sawmill yesterday picking up a pile of wood for my next project. Of course Al's name came up as a well known customer of theirs.

I know Al had volunteered to host a neander get together in the fall. I think it's a good idea if Al is still up for it?

Don,

The offer still stands! I would love to host a get-together. I think it would be a wonderful time, spent talking shop and sharing stuff. I am not the world's greatest Neander, as Jr. can attest. But I might have enough room in the shop to host a group of folks; and I would hope the true Neanders are willing to show us a bunch of new things and techniques.

David Gendron
08-13-2009, 2:16 AM
To bad I leave in the boonies;) I would love to there in the fall!!