PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Corel Draw 12 Issue

matt heinzel
08-12-2009, 10:45 AM
We use Corel Draw 12 on about 6 systems here. I went on one of the engravers for the first time in a while yesterday. Here is the issue. When I resize an object instead of just resizing, it makes a duplicated version. Kind of like if you were to use the apply to duplicate function. I can not find any settings that would make this happen. It is tiresome when you have to resize an object and then delete the original. Any ideas?

Brian Robison
08-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Are you resizing by dragging the corners?

matt heinzel
08-12-2009, 2:00 PM
that and using the size tools on the top toolbar.

Brian Robison
08-12-2009, 3:53 PM
Still working on it. What kind of object is it? Does it do it with text for example?

matt heinzel
08-12-2009, 3:55 PM
I haven't seen it with text. Squares, circles and such do it.

Scott Shepherd
08-12-2009, 6:12 PM
I've seen it before, but darned if I can find the fix. I don't think it happened to me, I think it happened to someone I know and we worked it out. I do know I've seen it before and that it is something you can fix.

You sure you're not right clicking on the object once you get it into the new place? Right clicking will duplicate the object when you are dragging it.

Carl Sewell
08-12-2009, 8:17 PM
Have you tried this?

Go to the Free Transform Tool. It's the last icon on the flyout for the Shape tool.

Now look at the property bar (top of screen). At the end of the property bar for the Free Transform tool look for an icon that displays "Apply to Duplicate" when you mouse over it. If that button is depressed, click on it.

Now try a duplicate and see if it fixed the problem. If it does, make sure you save your settings!

bill gervais
08-12-2009, 9:45 PM
Is the space bar key sticking? I just had i beleive the same problem resizng was causing duplicates. Only two days during high humidity. Tapped the space key a few times it went away.

matt heinzel
08-13-2009, 8:42 AM
I am going to try the free transform idea this morning. Thanks.

matt heinzel
08-14-2009, 10:32 AM
THANKS! It was the free transform!