PDA

View Full Version : new species of termite?

larry merlau
09-07-2004, 12:47 PM
well its green and eats wood rather quickly, its has a distinctive sound as well, kinda a powerful humming sound. leaves lots of dust as well. but it has been put in its place and is under control now. yup i got ahold of a pest control guy and he handled the situation well :D

Chris Padilla
09-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Gloat, gloat, gloat!!! That is a mighty interestin' pest you got there, Lar! :D She take 240 V/ 30 A??? :D :D

larry merlau
09-07-2004, 1:22 PM
Gloat, gloat, gloat!!! That is a mighty interestin' pest you got there, Lar! :D She take 240 V/ 30 A??? :D :D

yup that was what it took to get her under control, and she still has some spirit left, need to get the out feed table finished for her but thats tonights project :D had heard of the species and done some research threw you guys and on my own. i had asked about the bez zplitter and have to wait for that to get out in the market, bez says this late fall or winter possibly amd will make a over arm guard after a plan i saw on here that i have the plans for now. so have got some organizing to do and am having fun doing it. still need to educate my right hand to stop trying to turn it off though the old crafstman isnt there now . got more power and way better saw. but grin every time i turn her on :D :D

Jim Becker
09-07-2004, 1:32 PM
Congratulations on your "new species", Larry! A most excellent gloat... :D

larry merlau
09-07-2004, 1:38 PM
Congratulations on your "new species", Larry! A most excellent gloat... :D

well jim// i had alot of examples to look at on here so i thought it might be my turn to try one. will have another in while but it will be in the distant future to many other things going on right now. it all happened because of you and the rest of you folks on here doing your best to help out the ones, who ask questions and get good advice form others in the know. and tyler said i would be in the hoos cow if i didnt keep my word :D

larry merlau
09-07-2004, 1:40 PM
yes that is the new hat that it required to make it run as well :D

Jim Ketron
09-07-2004, 5:35 PM
Congrats Larry nice saw Hope to get me one someday to replace my craftsman!!

Jim

Dick Parr
09-07-2004, 5:40 PM
Congratulations Larry!

John Miliunas
09-07-2004, 6:36 PM
Good grief! Now I've heard everything. A woodworker with his very own *PET* termite! :eek: Just ain't right...I tell 'ya, it just ain't right! :rolleyes: Larry, you already *KNOW* I don't have to say much more, except: "ENJOY"! :D :cool:

Sparky Paessler
09-07-2004, 6:37 PM
looking good there Larry. I know you will be happy with that. :)

Shelley Bolster
09-07-2004, 8:49 PM
still need to educate my right hand to stop trying to turn it off though the old crafstman isnt there now . Hey Larry, I had the same problem when I upgraded 7 weeks ago from this -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/shelleybolster/101_2062.jpg

to THIS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/shelleybolster/101_2063.jpg

got more power and way better saw. but grin every time i turn her on I've been waiting for the novelty to wear off a bit but to be honest with you, my grin is just getting bigger and bigger with every project! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy - I know you will! :D
Shelley

Tyler Howell
09-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Gloat Timing Check!Good Pix Check!
Worthy Gloat Check!
Deserving Creeker Check!
Kept it SECRET!!! Check! Check!:p :p
This is an official Great Gloat
Nice one Larry;)

Jim Barrett
09-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Larry,

Nice saw! I had a General 350 Tablesaw about 15 years ago with the Excalibur fence and slider. It was a fantastic machine. I went through some marital challenges (divorce) and sold all my stationary tools about 7 yrs ago. When I got back on my feet I purchased a MM 300 smart machine, though I did think real hard about purchasing my previous set-up. Good luck with your table saw, I am sure they will meet your expectation.
Jim

Joe Mioux
09-07-2004, 10:42 PM
You have to love that General Green!:D Joe

Tom Sweeney
09-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Major congrats on clearing the gloat police :D :rolleyes:

Oh yeah the new termite's real nice too - way to go!

larry merlau
09-08-2004, 7:23 AM
Hey Larry, I had the same problem when I upgraded 7 weeks ago from this -

to THIS

I've been waiting for the novelty to wear off a bit but to be honest with you, my grin is just getting bigger and bigger with every project! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy - I know you will! :D
Shelley

i havnt had as much time with it as you have but i do see the grin stayin i keep checkin to see if it gos off kilter and its right there evertime , maybe i was better than i thought, just needed the right tools and yes the right color, been thinkin on paintin some of the others green so that thye might work better tooo :D