PDA

View Full Version : coming to a tablesaw near me

Larry Marley
08-11-2009, 1:48 AM
Word has it my Shark Guard is shipping soon.
been waiting a long time. I am getting excited!!

John Thompson
08-11-2009, 12:27 PM
You will find it both effective as a gaurd and dust collector. Enjoy!

Larry Marley
08-11-2009, 2:26 PM
My dust collector is 650cfm ish...
It works fine for one machine at a time, I hope I can split off a leg to the guard with enough draw to do the job.
Now I wear my air shield for making through cuts on anything nasty.

Prashun Patel
08-11-2009, 2:29 PM
I like mine. Couple caveats:

Read the instructions on how to mount the hose to the guard. It's a tight fit.

If you got the 'standard kerf' splitter, beware that you gotta use a standard kerf blade... DAMHIKT.

John Thompson
08-11-2009, 3:13 PM
My dust collector is 650cfm ish...
It works fine for one machine at a time, I hope I can split off a leg to the guard with enough draw to do the job.
Now I wear my air shield for making through cuts on anything nasty.

If your 650 cfm won't pull the load... I'll make a suggestion. Don't split it and pick up a 5.5 HP Shop Vac when one goes on sale at Lowe's. Dedicate it to under the right extension wing or the rear of TS if you have current use of under right wing. The 5.5 direct will cure your needs for sure.

I have a large cyclone with 6" pipe going into my 5 HP with an enlarged port to 6". It can handle it but I want the full force of air flowing in my cabinet. So.. I did just what I stated above to handle the over-head pick-up and it works like a breeze for lack of a better description. The SV's suction is drected just over my front cutting teeth and just where it needs to be to get maximum effect.

Good luck and there is always a solution with thought and imagination.

Dave Mura
08-11-2009, 3:35 PM
Congrats!!