PDA

View Full Version : I posted a thread but forgot the results...

aurelio alarcon
09-07-2004, 11:51 AM
What are your thoughts on cordless circular saws?

Frank Pellow
09-07-2004, 12:26 PM
I just looked at the original thread that you started on this topic asking whether or not people recommnded such a saw. That thread did not have a real poll, but I scanned through the responses and the results were:

YES: 5

NO: 5

OK/NEUTRAL: 3

Frank Pellow
09-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Aurelio, the way that you set up this poll is not good becuase it asks two independent questions but only supports one response.

For example, I want to say that I do not have such a saw and that I do not recommned people purchase such a saw.

Rob Russell
09-07-2004, 7:54 PM
Over the weekend I was using my Dewalt cordless. With a new battery, it does better than it has for a while. Sure was convenient for the cuts I needed to make. It doesn't replace a corded saw, but there are times when You only have a couple of cuts to make - the cordless is faster and lighter to use.

aurelio alarcon
09-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Aurelio, the way that you set up this poll is not good becuase it asks two independent questions but only supports one response.

For example, I want to say that I do not have such a saw and that I do not recommned people purchase such a saw.I actually viewed this poll as four independent questions. If it does support any responses concerning your responses, this is just incidental. I do see your point. I did not, however, formulate the poll with a "this is my situation and....I would or would not recommend..." type of formula. They are just four independent questions. Although, not that you mention it, if anyone would like to add their opinion based on experience using the tool that would be great. Thanks for your insight Frank.

Frank Pellow
09-08-2004, 1:41 AM
The wording indicates two, not four, independent questions.

When I voted, I was only allowed to answer YES to one of the questions even though I wanted to answer YES to two of them.

aurelio alarcon
09-08-2004, 11:45 AM
The wording indicates two, not four, independent questions.

When I voted, I was only allowed to answer YES to one of the questions even though I wanted to answer YES to two of them.I didn't realize what you meant until I tried voting myself. I was under the impression that more than one item could be selected. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I will keep that in mind next time I do a poll. I'll try to formulate it so that more than one can be checked. Again, thanks for pointing that out. Sorry about the error on my part.