PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV AM21 Receiver

Lee Schierer
08-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Last winter, Directv upgraded my home receiver to a HD DVR Plus unit and also sold me an AM21 digital converter box so I could receive local channels through our antenna and couple them into the Directv channel guide. Everything worked great except at that time some of the channels had not yet started broadcasting digital signals. Well in June, we started getting signals from all the local stations for a couple of weeks. Now we don't seem to receive two of the local channels, while still receiving three others, and I can't get anyone to talk to me about whether it is a local problem with those channels and the AM 21 or if the AM 21 has a problem with failures.

Anybody out there have an AM 21 from Directv? Is it working for all your local channels?

Greg Stanford
08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Don't know if this helps you but we had to "rescan" for our channels shortly after the switch. Seems the stations had needed to change what they were sending. That was not on a directv box, but w/ one of the converter boxes.

g

Lee Schierer
08-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Not possible to rescan, the AM 21 dosn't have any operator controls, it's all programmed by Directv and coupled directly to the HD reciever/DVR. The program guide shows the channels, but the system says looking for signal on several of the channels.