PDA

View Full Version : Nova DVR gloat

Terry Achey
08-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Finally decided to upgrade from my Jet 1236. The JET served well over the past 18 months or so, but I must say that the Nova is very smooth, quiet and powerful. And, big chunks of rough blanks no longer bang of the motor housing either.:( And, I can actually point my donut chuck bolts away from me now since the motor is no longer in the way. The reverse feature is simply awesome for sanding. One minor thing I did notice is that adjusting the speeds in "big bites" up or down the scale is not all that user-friendly compared to simply pushing a lever. I think it's just one of those things that you need to get used to.

Added nearly 300 pounds of solid blocks to the cast iron leg set. I'm very pleased with the lathe and can't wait to try the outboard toolrest.

proof of purchased attached:)

Terry

Chris Rae
08-09-2009, 11:36 PM
A big congrats on the new toy...errr...tool!

Alan Trout
08-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Terry, congratulations you are really going to enjoy it. I really enjoy mine.

Alan

Bill Bolen
08-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Congrats on the new DVR! I know you will enjoy it. Only had mine about a month and have become impressed with most everything about it! ...Bill...

Steve Schlumpf
08-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Congrats on your new lathe Terry! Looks like you have a real nice set up!

alex carey
08-10-2009, 4:46 AM
congrats on the new lathe, ive only heard good things.

Bernie Weishapl
08-10-2009, 5:00 PM
Congrats on the new lathe. You are going to love it. Terry if you are not a production turner speed up and down is a non-issue to me.

Walt Caza
08-10-2009, 8:43 PM
Congrats Terry,
Sweet machine...
can't wait to see some of your turnings.
be well,
Walt

ps you wasted no time in weighing her down!

Dolan Brown
08-10-2009, 9:59 PM
Congrats Terry. I am also a proud new owner of the same model lathe. Mine had a wavy edge tool rest but Craft Supply replace it with a nice Robust tool rest without any hassle.

Don McIvor
08-11-2009, 9:55 AM
Take advantage of the program feature on the XP to plug in frequently used speeds. If you don't have particular setting you return to frequently, you could program in 5 evenly spaced speeds. This will help you jump to higher or lower speeds more quickly. I have the DVR 3000, which unfortunately doesn't have that feature. I am starting to resent the time it takes to move between speeds, but otherwise it's been a great machine.

Brian Novotny
08-11-2009, 10:09 AM
proof of purchased attached:)

Terry

Congrats! And good for you on not stealing it!