PDA

View Full Version : Kreg Klamp track and Klamps and others

Mark Elmer
08-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi all,

In the last issue of Shopnotes that I received the cover article covered building a pocket hole work station into the extension wing of your TS.

I bought the first section of Kreg Klamp track from Rockler with a 15% off coupon and this week I will buy the other section from my local Woodcraft store with a $15 off a $50 purchase coupon.

A few weeks ago someone posted a link to an ebay seller that had some clamps that were pretty similar to the Kreg brand Klamps (I want to say they were the Mac Tools brand but I cannot be sure) The seller seemed to have quite a bunch of them. I'd appreciate it if someone could remind me where they are listed if they still are.

I think this will be a nice upgrade for my TS and I have plans to build many cabinets once I have it all together.

Thank you.

Bruce Wrenn
08-10-2009, 10:16 PM
The mounting stud is different on a lot of non Kregg clamps. Even the old Kregg ones don't fit new style of track.

Mike Heidrick
08-11-2009, 8:02 AM
The mounting stud can be ordered from Kreg. The sets I bought came with the stud and the adhesive backed piece of plastic to mount on the bottom as well. Just call Kreg.

Better yet, http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2080041/25056/Kreg-Bench-Klamp-With-Free-Mini-Jig.aspx

Then sell the extra parts you do not need. It will be much cheaper in the end.

Mike Heidrick
08-11-2009, 8:03 AM
The mounting stud is different on a lot of non Kregg clamps. Even the old Kregg ones don't fit new style of track.

The clamps I linked above fit the blue Kreg Track they sell today. Not sure how "old" you are talking about. Was not aware Kreg made two versions of this track either.

Bruce Wrenn
08-11-2009, 9:58 PM
Not two versions of the track, but of the clamps.

Mike Heidrick
08-11-2009, 11:48 PM
All three versions of the clamps fit the track.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/6clamp.jpg

Mark Elmer
08-23-2009, 4:10 AM
Mike,

Thank you for the link. I just fired off an order for three of the clamp kits from Woodcraft's closeoup. That was a substantial savings. I love be'in a creeker. BTW I got free shipping too~ :D

Mike Heidrick
08-23-2009, 9:04 AM
Yep, that is an AWESOME buy if you want those clamps from Kreg! Let me know what your design looks like when you are done! I am a big fan of these setups!

John Schreiber
08-23-2009, 9:25 PM
. . . Better yet, http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2080041/25056/Kreg-Bench-Klamp-With-Free-Mini-Jig.aspx . . .
Thanks a lot for the link. I've wanted a set of those for a while but the price was too high. I got two pair, spent another $10 and got free shipping.

Greg Hines, MD
08-23-2009, 11:16 PM
I am going to build one of those tables one of these days, probably as a stand-alone table rather than attached to the tablesaw. I really like the new versions of the Kreg clamps, with a handle on the end rather than the thumbscrew.

Doc

Mike Heidrick
08-23-2009, 11:38 PM
In use though - they are about the same. Just my opinion. That $20 price is CHEAP! If you plan to build one stock up now.

Mark Elmer
08-24-2009, 2:00 AM
Hi all,

Little by little I have been aquiring the hardware to build this clamping table project that I saw in a recent issue of Shopnotes magazine. I think it will be a handy addition.

I should look pretty similar to this when I get it all together:

http://www.shopnotes.com/issues/106/extras/table-saw-project-center/

Once mine is built I will be sure to post some pictures.

Thanks,

Mark

Ben Martin
08-24-2009, 9:24 AM
I haven't read that article yet, but it talks about routing in the link. Does that integrate a router table into the extension wing also?

Mike Heidrick
08-24-2009, 1:52 PM
Yes it does include a router plate.

Mark Elmer
08-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Ben,

Yes, the plan calls for replacing the left wing of the contractor style saw with a 14" wide wing made up of a three layer sandwich of 3/4" plywood which has a router plate insert in it.

Mark Elmer
09-04-2009, 2:08 AM
Hi all,

A little update on my progress with this project. I have purchased Kreg Klamps at a closeout price from Woodcraft at $19.99 each. They each came with a Klamp plate and a mini pocket hole drilling jig. At first I thought I'd sell the Klamp plates and mini jigs on Ebay since I only planned to use the Klamps with the Klamp Track. But I had a vision. Instead of cutting the slots in the clamping table wing to use "F style" clamps I will strategicly positon four of the Klamp plates instead.

I also was into a Habitat for Humanity ReStore shop today and I was able to buy a very large piece of formica in a nice grey color to glue to the top of these new tablesaw wings I am building. I got more than enough to do the project for only $10. :DSCORE!:D I'll be sure to take some pictures and post them when I get this done.