PDA

View Full Version : bad news

curtis rosche
08-08-2009, 7:17 PM
well, got back from vacation with my dad and my mom had some bad news. my stepdad, Dick Hendrie, has had cysts on his lower back and butt for years, he has had them removed and they have come back a couple times. well this time it is different. it has been diagnosed as HS, a special/worse type of cyst. last week they were doing all types of tests to try to figure out what caused it and everything about it so they could get rid of it for good. well, they took a biopsy last friday and when they got the results back they were really really bad. there is skin cancer in the cyst. when they found that they did a scan to see if there was more, there was. its is in his groin lymph nodes, and some in the chest and lungs. right now they are planning on going for the cancer first then coming back to the cysts. the cancer is small so it is still treatable. we hope for the best. prayers are very much appreciated. thank you

Ron Jones near Indy
08-08-2009, 7:26 PM
Your step-dad, you, your family and his medical team will be in my prayer. My step-mom has beat cancer twice in the last 12 years. It is not an impossible thing to do, but it often sounds overwhelming. Keep us posted. We care.

David Christopher
08-08-2009, 8:09 PM
Curtis, our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family

curtis rosche
08-08-2009, 8:19 PM
thank you very much

Mitchell Andrus
08-08-2009, 8:21 PM
Tell him for me, an 18 year survivor, that we don't let the b*st*rd win without first putting up a fight.

Steve Schlumpf
08-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Curtis - thoughts & prayers sent to you and your family!

Jim O'Dell
08-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Ditto on the thoughts and prayers for everyone involved in the treatment, and all family members. Jim.

curtis rosche
08-09-2009, 8:55 AM
update

its gonna be a long year. they have done a surgery that involves the intestine. they cut a hole in your abdoman and they pull part of you intestine out and hook it to a bag. this makes it so he doesnt have to sit on the cyst to go to the bathroom. this is a good thing. they think that the reason the cyst has been getting infected is because of the location and where it is when sitting on a toilet.

they have decided to go for the cancer first. 25 sessions of radiation. then after that is done they are gonna finally get to the cycst. at the point that it is at right now, they are gonna basically gonna have to cut his butt off. then eventually replace it with a prostetic.

question. does anyone know how you would go about setting up a bike ride to raise money for cancer research? i love to ride and now that someone close to me has been affected by it i would like to help raise research funds

ROY DICK
08-09-2009, 8:59 AM
Curtis,
You and your family have been added to our prayer list.

Roy

Heather Thompson
08-09-2009, 9:15 AM
Curtis,

You and your family are added to my prayer list, I got the same kind of news last week, my dad was diagnosed with cancer also.

As far as setting up and fundraising bike ride, I would suggest contacting the American Cancer Society, see DetermiNation on attached link.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PAR/PAR_0.asp

Heather

Mark Hix
08-09-2009, 9:18 AM
I am very sorry to hear your news. In addition to the prayers and medical support, he will need you. The little things will help more than you can imagine. Mom was diagnosed w/ lung cancer about 2 months ago and she told me yesterday that the little things that people do for her make life bearable.

You asked about fund raising. Go to the American Cancer Society website, they have a section on that that might help.

Roy Wall
08-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Prayers your way Curtis.....God Bless....

Phyllis Meyer
08-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Curtis,

He will be in our thoughts and prayers, as will you and your family! God is so good!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Dennis Peacock
08-09-2009, 8:09 PM
Curtis, our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family

Yes...and add my prayers to this list for you and the family Curtis.

Leigh Costello
08-09-2009, 9:23 PM
Curtis,
Prayers sent for all of you.
Good luck with your bike ride to raise money.
Prayerfully,
Leigh

Tim Wagner
08-10-2009, 12:44 AM
My prayers are with you and your family! May the Lord shine his light upon you and your family, and give you peace.

Don Orr
08-16-2009, 6:52 PM
Keeping a good thought for you and your family Curtis. Hope things work out for the best.

Contact the American Cancer Society for info on a benefit bike ride. I'm sure they can help you out.

curtis rosche
08-16-2009, 8:44 PM
he said thanks for the prayers. he starts radiation and chemo tommorow

Jim O'Dell
08-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear what your step dad is going to have to go through.

About the bike ride fund raiser. I'd think the obvious person to contact would be Lance Armstrong. I mean, this is right in his wheelhouse!! Along with the American Cancer Society web site, go to the LiveStrong site and even contact Lance. You could possibly get permission to use Lance's and the LiveStrong name in your efforts, especially if the donations go through his foundation. It would give instant fire power to the cause, and you might get some free publicity from the local TV and radio stations. Plus, you never know who might show up!! Jim.

Rob Cunningham
08-17-2009, 1:14 PM
Curtis,
Sorry to hear your bad news. You and your family will be in my prayers.

curtis rosche
08-17-2009, 9:48 PM
Great idea Jim. thanks