PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Cherry Double Gloat!

Pete Jordan
08-08-2009, 4:33 PM
I decided to take a bike ride to start working on my belly. About a half a mile into my trip I found a cherry tree that had been cut down with the lowest part of the tree still left. I asked the owner if I made him a bowl could I have the wood. He agree so everything was fine. I got my chainsaw but the wood was too big for me to work. The diameter was 5 feet. I borrowed a Stihl with a 36 inch bar and went to work. After I had returned the saw I went back the next day with my 045 AV Electronic. I bought this saw a couple of years ago from the Stihl dealer. I never thought much about the electronic part till a few days ago. While I was sawing, I received a small jolt. I thought maybe I was shaking from sawing so I didn't worry about it. A few minutes later I received a large jolt and dropped the saw! I took it to the dealer and he completely rewired the whole saw and it works like a champ.

The second gloat happened the following day when a friend of mine who is a owns a tree service asked if I wanted some cherry. I hopped right into my Buick and headed over there. When I got there he was up in the top of a 40' tree sawing limbs. I asked if I could go get a truck and he said sure. I borrowed a truck and my son and I loaded what we could. He said to come back and when I did he had his men load my truck down with more! I brought it home and my three sons Anchorsealed it all. My belly can wait for another day.

David Christopher
08-08-2009, 4:39 PM
Pete, thats a good gloat but if you had took an ax insted of the chainsaw you wouldnt need to ride the bike

Jim Underwood
08-08-2009, 4:52 PM
If you took an axe to all this, you'd have to quit your job.....

Jon Lanier
08-08-2009, 5:06 PM
I was looking at the pics and thought, "That saw don't look big enough. That'll be hard work." And you were thinking axe? :eek:

Steve Schlumpf
08-08-2009, 5:28 PM
Pete - congrats on all that beautiful Cherry! WOW!

You know - for exercise you could stack all that Cherry on one side of the yard - then every morning re-stack it on the other side of the yard! In just a few weeks people would be calling you Arnold!

PS - your boys are sure getting big!

Jim Koepke
08-08-2009, 5:43 PM
In just a few weeks people would be calling you Arnold!

No, Arnold is down in my old home state and he has been sitting in a tent smoking cigars. He is a bit flabby now.

jim

alex carey
08-08-2009, 6:15 PM
WOW, that is a big haul, congrats on the huge supply of cherry you now have.

Harvey M. Taylor
08-08-2009, 6:30 PM
WOW, what a haul. Wish you were closer, I would try to swap some Mesquite for some of that cherry. We dont have any to amount to anything here in Tx. I would have to beg off, though if I had to deliver the same size Mesquite.Have 2 loads of fun turning that cherry. Max

Gary Herrmann
08-08-2009, 8:03 PM
Ride the bike after you get that anchorsealed. Use an axe, and your back will be talking to you for quite awhile.

Bill Bolen
08-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Congrats on all the beautifullllll cherry! wish you would adopt me...Bill..

Bernie Weishapl
08-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Wow old buddy that is a haul. You had better get that lathe heated up and get to turning. You will be turning till the cows come home.

Dan Forman
08-09-2009, 1:34 AM
that's quite the score! Ought to keep you out of trouble for a while.

Dan

Paul Atkins
08-09-2009, 1:48 AM
Even though I turn for a living I saw that pile and thought "What a shame to cut it up into little pieces". Looks like a bunch of lumber just got relegated to bowls. Having said that, I love to turn cherry! I can see the shaving going up over your shoulder as I speak.

George Guadiane
08-09-2009, 6:45 AM
Congratulations on an EXCELLENT haul!
Happy Turning!

Jim Podsedly
08-10-2009, 8:51 AM
Pete,

Great score!

If you have too much just give me a call and i will bring my trailer down! :-)

I still have some ash trees that i want to take down before winter. Will give a holler when ready.

jim

Pete Jordan
08-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks for all the comments!

Jim,

You know where I live.