PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Shop Walls

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-23-2003, 1:09 PM
Reclaimed Corrugated Metal Roofing ! ...I have used a lot of reclaimed sheet metal in various projects. I used rusted sheet iron to wainscote my garage, to roof a porch and on my courtyard fence.
.....In my 24' X 50' shop, I have covered most of the walls with reclaimed corrugated roofing. In this case I turned the rusted side down and showed the aged galvanized side. Some of my materials were given to me. I removed some from buildings being torn down and bought 40 sheets at an auction, cheap. I covered the last 20' of open wall on the East side of the shop with a helper in @ 90 minutes. The materials and labor are cheaper than any product you can use.
.....The front wall and 40' down the West wall are plywood so I have one finished corner to look at.
http://www.zackjennings.com/1/CabinetWall22Mar03.jpg
....The best way to cut this stuff is with a skill saw blade turned backwards. Be sure to wear hearing protection (It's Loud) Saftey Glasses and gloves.

Tom Sweeney
03-23-2003, 1:33 PM
Something about makes it look like a real comfortable place to work in. I guess it's the whole rustic thing.

Wish my "shop" was 1/4 as nice.

Is that finish I see on your storage cabinet? :D

OK that does it - I'm heading out to the shop now for the first time in 2 or 3 months. Probably mostly cleaning though but that's OK!

Dave Avery
03-23-2003, 7:49 PM
Zack,

Great use for inexpensive material, but isn't it LOUDDDDD inside???

Jim Young
03-23-2003, 7:57 PM
I can see one of the benefits are hanign papers with a magnet. You know, things like measurements and Harley posters.