PDA

View Full Version : Free?!? Tools!?!?!?!?

David DeCristoforo
08-08-2009, 3:44 PM
There is no other word in the English language that will command the attention of a human being like the word "free". And when the "free" offering is tools, well we tool junkies are instantly and hopelessly hooked. Yesterday, the guy across the street was moving and throughout the day, he kept bringing things out to the curb where there was a crudely hand lettered sign that had only one word... free. By the middle of the day, the temptation finally overcame me and I wandered over to look at the usual "free offerings" of the moving... old stained sofa, most of a vinyl clad particle board bookcase, a table with three legs, a lamp with no plug (or bulb), a couple of bent golf clubs, a ski (only one)... you know what I'm talking about. But there at the edge of the curb was a cloudy plastic tub containing what was, unmistakably, "some kind" of tools. Further inspection revealed this "set" of rotary rasps:
http://www.daviddecristoforo.com/Misc/zensees.jpg
The knobs are imprinted with "Zensees System" and "Made in Germany". I remember seeing some stuff like this years ago but eveidently it's not made any more. An internet search for "Zensees" returns a lot of links but mostly to Buddhist web sites... nothing about tools. I have always tried to avoid buying tools I don't "need". But in this case the price was just too good to resist. Someday, I might even use them....

Jim O'Dell
08-08-2009, 4:31 PM
Great find. Me? I don't think any of my neighbors have tools!! :D:D Jim.

David Christopher
08-08-2009, 4:35 PM
youre right about the word FREE...I just looked at this post because of it.....anyway congrats on the new free tools

harry strasil
08-08-2009, 7:12 PM
got Ma a fairly new Cardio Glider that way, needed 2 little watch batteries for the counter electronics.