PDA

View Full Version : Small gloat re a gift from Festool

Frank Pellow
09-06-2004, 7:12 PM
I returned home last night from an 11 day sojourn at Pellow's camp to find a small package mailed from California from Festool. My wife's immediate response was "What else have you purchased?". I have not ordered anything from Festool for at least 6 months, so I was very curious. I opened the package and found a gift -a small (350 ml) stainless steel thermal flask in a bag that can be fastened to one's belt.

Of course, I immediately had to conduct a test, so about 10 pm I made some coffee and filled the flask. I had the coffee about noon today (14 hours later) and it was quite hot.

There was no note to tell me who sent me the flask or why they did so. I expect that either Christian Oltzscher or Bob Marino was behind it. Perhaps they read my response envying Tyler Howell's Festool coffee mug in the recent 'Tool Snob' thread. By the way, I would still like to obtain a coffee mug.

Whoever was behind sending me the "free" flask, I thank them. And I am happy to report that the tool is up to the standards that we have come to expect from Festool.

Steve Clardy
09-06-2004, 10:44 PM
I just entered the Festool world by purchasing a 150/3 sander.:D
Nice machine.:D
A thermos and mug would go great in my shop also.:)

Steve