PDA

View Full Version : The most stable 3/4" veneered plywood?

Chris Yarish
08-07-2009, 4:56 PM
I am looking to do a quick but funky looking reno on a revenue property's kitchen (cabinet doors & carcasses specifically) and want to use 3/4" veneered plywood rather than doing so much work to do frame and panel or veneering them myself.
I am wondering what core composition yields the most stable material?

I have used some veneer core for some projects and founf that they get all out of shape fast.
I had some wenge veneered ply that sat around for over a year and didn't move a bit. The core looked like several layers of mahogany.

Any advice or sources I could be given?

Thanks

Nate Carey
08-07-2009, 5:26 PM
Chris, the most stable is lumber core...if your budget is unlimited go for it. My choice for case work is veneer core or MDF...if the construction is quality, veneer core will perform just fine.

...with all due respect Jeff...particle board core for stability? ...I don't think so...

Jeff Duncan
08-07-2009, 6:11 PM
If you have a local supplier that will sell to you, pick up your veneer of choice on either an mdf or particleboard core. This is as flat as your going to get. Beware, you'll want to drill out for hinges that use plugs, euro screws, or similar. Regular old hinge screws won't last for long.
good luck,
JeffD