PDA

View Full Version : First official 'Hello'

Greg Daves
09-06-2004, 7:11 PM
I have lurked for some time, and even have participated from time to time, but thought now I should crawl out from behind the tree and join the Creek for real.

From a peronal stand point, this has been a rough year for my family...earlier this year my wife, son and I were lucky enough to spend a few months with our daughter, Logan, before she succumbed to her congenital heart defect. It was the most rewarding two months of my life, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Please visit her website at: www.caringbridge.com/tx/logandaves, as my wife has quite a ministry going as a result of Logan's short life. To add insult to injury, I lost my job to a layoff a little over a month ago. Although, I must say that I think it has been a blessing, as I have needed to spend some time with my wife and son.

I look forward to joining in the lively, friendly, and very respectful discussions that this web site alone seems to have developed. For that I pay my respects to the administrators and members.

Hope all are having a good Labor day weekend...me, I've been on permanant vacation for several weeks now! :D

Tyler Howell
09-06-2004, 9:23 PM
We are very glad to have you in the creek Greg You cheery attitude in spite of your past year is rewarding.

Great folks here.;)

TJH

Jim Becker
09-06-2004, 9:48 PM
Welcome aboard, Greg. SMC really is a nice place to hang out and I hope the discussion continues to bring you smiles! And thanks for sharing in your introduction a little bit about your life...your tribute to Logan is admirable.

Waymon Campbell
09-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Greg - Welcome to the 'Creek and thanks for sharing some of your grief and you joy with us. God Bless!

Dick Parr
09-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the Creek Greg!

Steve Clardy
09-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the Creek Greg.:)

Steve

Carl Eyman
09-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Glad you have joined us. We look forward to your posts.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek Greg! I'd better warn you.....Tyler and Chris P. are the PhotoCops here! They'll be hounding you for pics! Again.....Welcome1

Jason Tuinstra
09-07-2004, 6:10 AM
Greg, I'm sorry for your loss. As a believer, I take my comfort from the promises of the Lord and the knowledge that I, with my children, belong to Him. I'm glad to see from your website that you believe the same.

Welcome!

Greg Daves
09-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Waymon, I appreciate your thoughts on the website.

Jason, If we didn't believe that Logan was 'complete' now and in a better place, my family would be extremely lost right now.

Before the 'picture police' have time to comment, I will try to get some pics of some of my projects underway and post.

Thanks again, and looking forward to the interaction.

GD