PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1617 Bushings

Prashun Patel
08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm in the market for a set of bushings for my Bosch 1617 router. Does anyone have the RA1125 set? Anything better?

Tim Johnson
08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I have a set, but it has been awhile since I've used them. My Bosch router lives in my router table, so the bushings are in the drawer somewhere. If I remember correctly, you'll need the Bosch ones to fit the factory base, like a lot of the Bosch stuff, they have to be different???

But when I did use them they worked as intended, no complaints or problems that I remember.

Steve Wurster
08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
I bought the adapter that lets you use PC-style bushings. It comes with the RA1125 kit, but I bought it separately. It's cheap, and it lets you use any set of PC bushings that you want, which includes setups that Bosch may not offer.

Bill Huber
08-07-2009, 12:53 PM
I have a set and would not advise anyone to get them. They work fine but I think its best to get the adapter for the base and use the PC type bushing.

Get one of these.
Bosch RA1100 Threaded Router Template Guide Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/RA1100-Threaded-Router-Template-Adapter/dp/B0009H5INI

Then you can use any PC type bushing you want.

Shawn, if you really want the Bosch send me a PM, I never use mine any more.

Jason White
08-07-2009, 2:11 PM
Pat Warner makes a clear base for the 1617 that accepts the PC guide collars.

I have a set, but it has been awhile since I've used them. My Bosch router lives in my router table, so the bushings are in the drawer somewhere. If I remember correctly, you'll need the Bosch ones to fit the factory base, like a lot of the Bosch stuff, they have to be different???

But when I did use them they worked as intended, no complaints or problems that I remember.

Brian Tax
08-07-2009, 4:03 PM
I second the Pat Warner base, great to work with.

Bob Wingard
08-07-2009, 4:53 PM
It is SOOOO easy to make a replacement base that accepts standard bushings, I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy the brand specific Bosch version. I have an old Bosch 1615EVS and it works just fine with a homemade replacement base. As an added PLUS .. Home Depot a week or so ago had the P,C, steel bushings on sale .. the bin/box was marked $20, but they rang up at $15 .. not too bad. It always pays to have a couple of sets of these as you will find the need to alter some of them to suit certain applications.

Sam Blanchard
08-07-2009, 7:11 PM
Another bump on the Pat Warner bases. I have several, including some for Bosch 1617. Pat manufactures a very high quality base and he's a real gentleman to deal with. :D
As a plus, he manufactures all the bases with openings which are perfectly centered, so that the bit inside the guide bushing will be as near to perfect as you're likely to get. You might also take a look at his offset base - it's a pleasure to operate and very stable.

Bruce Wrenn
08-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Local Woodcraft almost always has their brass set of PC style bushings on "sale" for $19.95. I have a set of Freuds (also brass), but the metric threads make them a PITA to use. I can't use either a PC nut, or nut from Woodcraft set with them.

Chris Friesen
08-09-2009, 2:05 AM
As a plus, he manufactures all the bases with openings which are perfectly centered, so that the bit inside the guide bushing will be as near to perfect as you're likely to get.

The other option if making your own is to use the centering cone and flathead screws in oversized holes to attach the base. That lets you center the bushing relative to the bit.