PDA

View Full Version : PC brad nailer problem

peter leyden
08-07-2009, 12:31 AM
I have a PC 18 Ga. brad nailer(Model no. BN200) with a problem - the driver assembly fails to return to the normal rest position after firing. what is the cause of this? (I actually don't understand what causes the driver to return to the rest position) It tries to return but moves barely 1/8". The nailer is in like- new condition and before I spend $30 on a rebuild kit(which may not fix the problem) I would at least like to understand how it works. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Pete Leyden

Joshua Dinerstein
08-07-2009, 1:16 AM
I have a PC 18 Ga. brad nailer(Model no. BN200) with a problem - the driver assembly fails to return to the normal rest position after firing. what is the cause of this? (I actually don't understand what causes the driver to return to the rest position) It tries to return but moves barely 1/8". The nailer is in like- new condition and before I spend $30 on a rebuild kit(which may not fix the problem) I would at least like to understand how it works. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Pete Leyden

I had a HF nailer with a similar issue. For that tool it was that it needed a few drops of oil in the air line adapter before each use. I had been pretty negligent about doing that. Once I got enough in there to really lubricate things it got a lot better and the problems stopped.

I do not know if your tool even needs oil but the above was my experience.

Joshua

Rob Cunningham
08-07-2009, 8:07 AM
Along with oiling, make sure your compressor is drained. Moisture in the tank will eventually find it's way to your tools and cause problems.

Mort Stevens
08-07-2009, 2:06 PM
In addition to putting oil in the gun, set your pressure regulator to the maximum that the gun recommends - usually it's 120psi - I have found that the return mechanism fails to reset if the PSI is too low.