PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Grizzly CS story

Cliff Addy
08-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I bought a Grizzly RA drill press last September. I assembled it and made sure it ran, but then got diverted to another project and never actually used it until this morning.

I noticed that my drill bit was wobbling a little. I used a DI to check it and found that runout on the bit just below the jaws was .020, vs .002 on my other DP.

Emailed Grizzly, got a response a couple hours later asking for the SN of the machine so they could process the shipment of a replacement chuck.

No BS of "how did you not notice for 11 months" or anything like that. Just "here ya go".

Cliff

Bill White
08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
That's why Grizz ROCKS! Anybody know what the name is of anyone in upper mgmt. at any of the other tool suppliers?
Bill

glenn bradley
08-06-2009, 1:43 PM
This is normal for Griz. I often wonder what really happened in the exchange between folks that have problems with Grizzly CS and the Griz folks(???)

Chuck Saunders
08-06-2009, 7:31 PM
That's why Grizz ROCKS! Anybody know what the name is of anyone in upper mgmt. at any of the other tool suppliers?
Bill
There is that Rob Lee fellow, of course he is known for the same reason. Whodda thunk, great service makes great companies.

Don Dorn
08-06-2009, 8:30 PM
I've got one that comes near to topping it. I've outfitted two shops with Griz equipment and of all of it, I had one G0555 in which the motor was bad.

It groweled and I really didn't know how to explain it to the tech - he finally said, "put the phone near it and turn it on" When I spoke with him again after a few seconds, he was telling me how to return the motor. It was pretty painless, inlcluding putting the new one on. The only thing I thought they forgot was to pay for the motor coming back - it costs me about $38.00. About three weeks later, I got a check for $55.00 to cover it - called to tell them it was too much and that I would send the difference and they said to keep it for being inconvenienced.

Two tablesaws, two bandsaws, two jointers, one air compressor, one drill press and I have no complaints. After 7 years, my G1023L purrs like the day I got it.

Ben Galluzzo
08-06-2009, 9:25 PM
I've got one that comes near to topping it. I've outfitted two shops with Griz equipment and of all of it, I had one G0555 in which the motor was bad.

It groweled and I really didn't know how to explain it to the tech - he finally said, "put the phone near it and turn it on" When I spoke with him again after a few seconds, he was telling me how to return the motor. It was pretty painless, inlcluding putting the new one on. The only thing I thought they forgot was to pay for the motor coming back - it costs me about $38.00. About three weeks later, I got a check for $55.00 to cover it - called to tell them it was too much and that I would send the difference and they said to keep it for being inconvenienced.

Two tablesaws, two bandsaws, two jointers, one air compressor, one drill press and I have no complaints. After 7 years, my G1023L purrs like the day I got it.

I'm impressed. In a couple of ways.