PDA

View Full Version : Where does it say that?

Tyler Howell
09-05-2004, 9:26 PM
Where does it say that you have to be > six feet to be a WW? I checked the SMC TOS and it wasn't there. All the Creekers I've met are 6+ or pushin it:mad: . Yes I am vertically challenged and horizontally gifted:rolleyes: but that's no reason stigmatize a guy:o .

Creeker and new Minnesotan Russ Svenningsen stopped bye on his way home from a business meet here in the Minneapple.
Gave him a quick tour swapped some stories and lies and we mutually agreed SMC is a great place to hang out.

Pulled out a couple Tool Snob specials and let Russ take them for a ride. Found a gnarly 100 year old piece of 8/4 oak that had been through the war and back. Let Russ hack and sand to his hearts content. He had great form with the Rotex and I offered to let him keep playing on my kitchen floors. :p Felt sorry for the poor guy cuz he had to duck all the low flying objects in my basement shop.
Always great to meet another Creeker and we will all be looking forward to Pix of Russell's new shop.;)

Jim Becker
09-05-2004, 9:31 PM
Yep...you two could be twins! :D

Hey, Russ...here's your new avitar!

John Miliunas
09-05-2004, 9:49 PM
You're absertively correct about the 6' thing there my fine, vertically challenged friend. Nothing in the rules 'bout that for WW or SMC. :) I do, however, think I ran across something just in passing about people visiting with Tyler Howell *need* to be taller than 5'10". :) Something about Tyler wanting to be sure all his WW buddies felt good about themselves, especially after seeing all of his tools! :rolleyes:

But, it does look like both of you had a fun time and that's what counts! Wouldn't be surprised if Russ ends up contacting Uncle Bob in the near future, either! :D :cool:

Steve Clardy
09-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Hey Tyler, Are you saying your legs are too short???:eek:

We need to get some Oak out and make you some extensions!!!!

Steve:)

Michael Barry
09-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Tyler,
Don't be intimidated! God made them tall because he gave us gentlemen of average height all the good looks and charm. I'd like to visit with you some day and show those long and lanky types just how formidable the rest of us can be!!!

Tyler Howell
09-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Alright Mike, We'll hook up some time:cool: . How are things in your neck of the woods:confused:

Michael Barry
09-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Tyler,
It's finally over. Clear skies and a gentle breeze. This storm just would not go away. We're all safe with very,very minimal damage. We're going to stay buckled up just in case Ivan comes to call. This is turning out to be an historic storm season. Thanks much for your concern.

Mike

Tyler Howell
09-06-2004, 7:16 AM
Steve and John,
I think I'll build a portable step stool to stand on during Creeker Kodak moments. Hand cut dove tales, M&T pinned trestle for quick tear down. Light weight yet strong (got a lot to support.)
Doors always open to creekers. Call ahead so I can pick up the dirty socks.;)

Dave Anderson NH
09-06-2004, 7:52 AM
You have to get out of the habit of being on your knees when you take Creeker photos. We know you're really taller than Russ. :D Yah, Creeker visits are always fun. I had mine with Mark Stutz earlier in the week. The main problem is that there is never enough time, and what there is passes too quickly.

Dave - who stretches to reach his full 5' 9"

Michael Stafford
09-06-2004, 9:10 AM
Tyler, like me you are just too short for your weight. I'm supposed be 8'4" instead of 6'4". Oh well.

John Miliunas
09-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Tyler, like me you are just too short for your weight. I'm supposed be 8'4" instead of 6'4". Oh well.

LOL! :D Mike, been a strong believer in what you say, though I'm just a touch under 6', I think I would come in at about 6'4" or so! :rolleyes: I HAVE been trying to watch my shape, though. Currently, it's round! :D :cool:

Jim Becker
09-06-2004, 10:42 AM
I think I need to get a LOT taller than my current 5' 11", based on what our new scale we bought Saturday says...sheesh! The old one kept losing pounds even when the body wasn't... :D

Daniel Rabinovitz
09-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Tyler
I'd send you my 3 step stool but I use it.
Sorry
Daniel :D

Steve Clardy
09-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Tyler. You are a man of great words. I have come to appreciate you and your wording. I wish I was a little more gifted that way.
Here is a little humor for you today. I got this a couple years ago from my brother for a birthday card.:eek:

Steve:)

Mark J Bachler
09-07-2004, 10:33 AM
I might be short & fat,

but, I sure am slow.

Jason Roehl
09-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Guilty as charged. 6'0" on the nose...errrr....to the top of my head. The thing about being this tall, though, is I always get asked to reach things that are on a top shelf, at the back of a hanging cabinet, etc. You're probalby exempt from that duty. And remember, like Dennis the Menace said, "Whaddya mean my legs are too short? They both reach the ground, don't they?"