PDA

View Full Version : Wine Glass holder that fits on bottle

Carol Barbero
08-04-2009, 8:40 PM
Can anyone tell me if they have come across a pattern for cutting a wine glass holder that fits over the neck of a wine bottle, similar to the picture attached? I've seen them that hold 2 and 4 glasses but can't remember where.

James Rambo
08-04-2009, 9:46 PM
i just made one for myself

Steve Clarkson
08-04-2009, 10:10 PM
James, I'm usually pretty impressed with your stuff.......but that one you just made for yourself is pretty ummmmm....boring? You should have atleast engraved some grapes or something.........

Rowan Hay
08-05-2009, 1:21 AM
Steve, If you can't pass a nice comment then you might want too think about making no comment!

Steve Clarkson
08-05-2009, 8:05 AM
Rowan.....it was a joke.....the wine glass holder was just an outline. Hopefully James appreciated the humor.......if not, my apologies....obviously some jokes get lost in translation when you're typing them.

Carol Barbero
08-05-2009, 9:17 AM
Thanks James! Exactly what I was looking for!

Dan Hintz
08-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Carol,

A number of similar designs have been posted here in the past... a search is in order, and you should find at least two more unique designs (rastered grapes, etc.).

James Rambo
08-05-2009, 8:00 PM
That's Ok Steve I don't get offended easily. But, all he asked for was the outline. I have layers of engravings I have done for customers.

Scott Erwin
08-06-2009, 2:01 PM
Here are a couple more...4 and 8 glass versions
I got these from SMC a while ago and have used them about dozen times so far...

Ray Uebner
08-06-2009, 3:23 PM
Scott
I could not bring them in. I have x3 what version are your posts in.
Thanks

Garrett Nors
08-06-2009, 3:28 PM
Scott
I could not bring them in. I have x3 what version are your posts in.
Thanks

Same here :(

Scott Erwin
08-06-2009, 7:43 PM
Sorry, that was my bad...I posted in X4 by mistake....
And to think I was one of the loudest complainers when others posted in X4 and I couldnt read them...then what do I do, the same thing I complained about ... <<EGG ON FACE FOR SURE>>

Here they are again in Ver 10 and ver 12
If you need another format let me know.

Scott

Carol Barbero
08-07-2009, 8:53 AM
Thanks everybody. I one last night out of acrylic and it is perfect!

Ray Uebner
08-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the re post. We all forget sometimes don't be to hard on yourself. I have made the other ones but like the round one you did. I make them out of wood with designs on the for Winery's, I sell it to them at wholesale with their logo and name, they are selling great. I also make them for weddings. I have just started make bottle toppers and they love them. I will post a picture when I get one. Thanks again.

Garrett Nors
08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the re post. We all forget sometimes don't be to hard on yourself. I have made the other ones but like the round one you did. I make them out of wood with designs on the for Winery's, I sell it to them at wholesale with their logo and name, they are selling great. I also make them for weddings. I have just started make bottle toppers and they love them. I will post a picture when I get one. Thanks again.

What type of wood/thickness do you use Ray?

Ray Uebner
08-07-2009, 2:20 PM
I do a lot of "laserbuzz" items and so I have a lot of 1/8 Baltic Burch. I also get some scrap from a cabinet maker that is also 1/8 and 1/4. I sand them and then put a clear laquar on them. They could also be painted but they seen to like the natural wood better. I also make wood key chains from wood with their names on them. I had a request to make coffee id for Decaf, Regular and Strong. I made the out of burch also and painted them and then clear laquard them. If you go to scroll saw forum here you can get a lot of good ideas and some free designs that will work with a little modification for the laser. I am sorry I do not have pictures yet, have been so busy have not had a chance. I will post some hopefully this next week.

Adam Orton
08-25-2009, 1:48 AM
Under the "there is no stupid questions" category, do the people put the glasses in right side up or upside down?? I would like to draw up some of my own and I was just curious, would make the dimensions different. Thanks!!

Garrett Nors
08-25-2009, 2:11 AM
Under the "there is no stupid questions" category, do the people put the glasses in right side up or upside down?? I would like to draw up some of my own and I was just curious, would make the dimensions different. Thanks!!

Every picture I've seen has them upside down:

http://www.foreveretchings.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/wine_bottle_toppers.30783730.jpg

Gary and Jessica Houghton
08-25-2009, 9:37 AM
To answer your original question about where you saw these, www.coloradoheirloom.com (http://www.coloradoheirloom.com) has them.

Adam Orton
08-25-2009, 3:35 PM
Thanks so much. I figured it was that way but if you used the gadget as a kinda carrier for outdoors the facing up kinda makes sense. Not sure if I would want to carry a bottle and two glasses full of wine around, especially as I would probably be drinking it too.. LOL

AL Ursich
08-25-2009, 4:36 PM
Scott,

THANK YOU !!!!

AL

I make Wine Racks with my Carvewright, this will be a nice addition.