PDA

View Full Version : Corel Help Needed

Steve Clarkson
08-04-2009, 7:26 PM
I'm trying to make a picture frame with a colorful border......you would think that would be easy enough, right? This will be for a portrait of a teenage girl.

First of all, does anyone have a nice femine (full color) border (or pattern that can be made into a border) for such a project?

Secondly, I've attached what I have tried in v10.

I made a picture frame using the Trim function, I took a pattern that I thought I could step and repeat, and power clipped the pattern into the frame. Maybe it's the pattern I chose, but it just doesn't line up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rick Hutcheson
08-04-2009, 7:33 PM
Why not cut the frame on the laser out of wood or plexiglass. I have some victorian fretwork frames in Corel.
Or try this one.124615

Steve Clarkson
08-04-2009, 8:17 PM
Rick,

That frame was PERFECT.....thank you! Did you make that yourself or buy it? I'd like to get more if I can. I could never (or atleast not for YEARS) make those myself.

Oh, and I plan to reverse engrave a mirror and paint.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve Clarkson
08-04-2009, 8:21 PM
I have x-4 and I haven't found my clip art that came with it yet.....

Vic Harris
08-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Steve open your scrapbook under windows at least that is where you find them in x3

Mike Null
08-08-2009, 6:50 AM
Steve

Clipart will not load automatically. Normally it is on disc 2. Maybe you're way ahead of me on this but I load mine on the pc rather than fooling with the discs.

Bill Gailey
08-08-2009, 8:51 AM
I have fixed your frame but the file size exceeds the limit I can upload here. If you want to send me an email address I can email you the corel 10 version of your requested file

Steve Clarkson
08-08-2009, 4:45 PM
Thanks Bill, but I was able to use Rick's.

Vic, Scrapbook is an opitional thing for X4.....I remember that they said something in X4 is better (can't remember what) but they included it as an option since so many people liked it. So I never loaded it on to my laptop.

Mike, I thought I had loaded all the clipart too.....can't remember....it was 64 million images......I just haven't been able to find them! I use RomCat and don't really care for it much.

Paul Brinkmeyer
08-08-2009, 5:20 PM
When I loaded my X4 with vista, I let it install where it wanted to and that was:
Desktop/public/public documents/corel...and then down from there.

From the root it is:
Users/public/public documents/corel...and then down from there.

If you installed as admin, or another user, it could also be hidden.
If you are not on vista, never mind.