PDA

View Full Version : First Gloat

Steve Evans
09-05-2004, 9:19 PM
Seeing as I'm a gloat virgin here, I hope I get this right. I've checked all the unwritten rules regarding pics, so I definitely have one of those (sort of).
I went and picked up my Laguna today. I found a 16HD used for just over $1300 US. The thing is in great shape and hardly looks used. It was a bit tight getting it out of it's previous home in a basement shop, but nothing three of us and a bag cart couldn't solve.. The same person was getting rid of all their Bessey's. For just under $350 US I picked up 25 Bessey's from the shortest to the long ones. Seeing as I missed out on the Bessey feeding frenzies you folks have experienced south of the border, I thought it was a pretty good deal. It also appears that I may have picked up a bit of Tyler's yellow fever as I'm thinking of taking home the same person's Powermatic 15" planer. The thing looks brand new and in fact is only 6 months old. They're asking $700 US for it. What do you fine folks think. Anyways here's my saw in it's temporary location. Hopefully this worked.

Jim Becker
09-05-2004, 9:22 PM
Not a gloat, Steve. It's a TRIPLE GLOAT!! Most folks can only dream about their first time being a threesome!

Nice scores all around. That band saw really does look "like new"...congratulations.

Tyler Howell
09-05-2004, 9:36 PM
No Longer a virgin Steve! You are well seasoned, street walking, easy pick up, tough and hardened, experienced gloater:eek::eek: with this one.

Very nice score. Literally;)

Sparky Paessler
09-05-2004, 9:50 PM
Looks great Steve. I would love to have a nice bandsaw like that. I have been very happy with my 15" powermatic planer and $700 sounds like a good price. Go for it!

John Miliunas
09-05-2004, 9:55 PM
Holy smokers, Steve! Worthy gloats all the way around and super prices, as well. :D I've got the 16HD and would be hard-pressed to give it up and go back to one of the smaller Jets or Deltas or such! And all those K's!!! :eek: Yup, you're certainly NOT a virgin to this anymore! Congrats. :cool:

Steve King
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
WOW, WHAT A HAUL

Way to go Steve

Steve Clardy
09-05-2004, 10:18 PM
SUPER HAUL!!!!!!!!!!:)

Steve

Wes Bischel
09-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Man Steve, you don't mess around when you gloat! Not only a triple, but a BIG triple - no little WW tools here!

Nicely done!
Wes

Bruce Page
09-06-2004, 1:39 AM
Excellent haul Steve. I’m sure you will love the Laguna HD.

$350 ÷ 25 = $14.00 ea. for the Bessey’s - I’d say that that is a pretty good deal too!

I have the PM 15” planer and have been happy with it. I also paid a bit more than $700 for it too.:(

Rich Konopka
09-06-2004, 6:34 AM
Excellent haul Steve. I’m sure you will love the Laguna HD.

$350 ÷ 25 = $14.00 ea. for the Bessey’s - I’d say that that is a pretty good deal too!

I have the PM 15” planer and have been happy with it. I also paid a bit more than $700 for it too.:(

Bruce:

Whadda ya think it has for a Mobile Base????

Steve: That is a helluva gloat.

Ed Snyder
09-06-2004, 7:57 AM
And so close to home. I thought you could only buy clamps in pairs

Congratulations

Ed in Cambridge

Dennis Peacock
09-06-2004, 11:29 AM
I call a FOUL!!!!!! No official warning of a triple-gloat!!!! :p :p :p

Gotta go and get in the shop.!!!!!!! Congrats on the new BS and Bessey's!!! Personally, I think you came out good on this deal. :D

Bruce Page
09-06-2004, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Rich Konopka]Bruce:

It looks like a bolt together base - Shop Fox?

Rich Konopka
09-06-2004, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Rich Konopka]Bruce:

It looks like a bolt together base - Shop Fox?
Hmmmm, I guess there are several ways to skin a cat.

John Miliunas
09-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Personally, I think you came out good on this deal. :D

There goes Dennis again....Master of the understatement! :eek: "Good" you say?! Hey, among other things, let's remember this is in "that" territory North of us! Even Stateside, those prices on that equipment would command adjectives just a tad better than "Good"!!! :D Awesome would be more like it! :cool:

Steve Evans
09-06-2004, 2:50 PM
For whoever asked what kind of base it was, it's one of the Delta kits, but he used steel instead of wood for the frame. It seems to work okay, but might be a bit overloaded. The saw won't move very much so I'll leave it for now.

Ed

If you're looking for some Gross Stabil parallel jaw clamps, she still has 10 of those left. I didn't clean her out completely :D She also has quite a few router bits,saw baldes etc left. I can send you a list if you like.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-07-2004, 1:16 AM
Steve.....I am beginning to doubt your "virgin" gloat status based on this post! :rolleyes: Jeez........you hit us like a Mac truck loaded with steel!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :p What a haul and you expect us to believe it was you first gloat??????? Congrats! :D

Steven Wilson
09-07-2004, 10:47 AM
Nice score !!

Chris Padilla
09-07-2004, 2:39 PM
Cool...very cool. Always nice to get quality equipment...even better to get it at a darn nice price!

Rob Russell
09-07-2004, 7:56 PM
Nice gloat(s)!