PDA

View Full Version : Anybody regret buying the Delta 22-580 at $229.00?

Steve Stube
09-05-2004, 8:44 PM
I posted this on another ww forum but I think most of the activity with regards to this planer was here so I would be interested in your feedback.

I know it is past all the hollering about raiding Lowe's tool land to pick a 13" Delta 2sp portable planer but what better time to get feedback.

How many are pleased with the purchase? Are some not so happy in hindsight?

There is a long story behind the questions now but I will wait till I have the bird in my hand (maybe this coming Wed.)before explaining the details. TIA Steve

Tom LaRussa
09-05-2004, 9:08 PM
How many are pleased with the purchase? Are some not so happy in hindsight?

Hi Steve,

I bought the Delta TP400, i.e., the single speed, 12.5" model, for $229 about five months ago and I don't regret it, even though I could have had the even better 2 speed model for the same price had I waited a few months. As far as I'm concerned, I got a darn good deal for the money.

Tom

Jerry Olexa
09-05-2004, 9:13 PM
Mine still in box unpoened...So. anxious to hear your responses. Thanks

James Giordano
09-06-2004, 12:02 AM
I have the 22-580 planer, though I paid considerably more than $229.:o about two years ago. I think it does a great job.:) Only problem is the blades are not real durable as they developed "nicks" fairly easily.:cool:

Doug Jones
09-06-2004, 8:21 AM
I have the 22-580 planer, though I paid considerably more than $229.:o about two years ago. I think it does a great job.:) Only problem is the blades are not real durable as they developed "nicks" fairly easily.:cool:

Same story as James,,, Great piece of machinery

Michael Stafford
09-06-2004, 8:48 AM
I too have been happy with the 580 but have experienced the nicks in the blades also. I thought I was responsible because of grit left on the wood I was planing.