PDA

View Full Version : Suggest CRM software?

Phil Thien
08-03-2009, 11:19 PM
The one PC question I get more than any other, and for which I have no answer, is what CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software I recommend. I know Act has been around forever. Goldmine, too. They seem to be in the middle of the price range.

There are some online services now, but with their rather rich pricing, I'd put them in the high-end of the price range (and have no idea which I'd recommend).

But, is there anything on the low-end of the spectrum? Like $50 or $75?

Jeff Wright
08-03-2009, 11:24 PM
I received an email offer for Act about a month ago offering it for somewhere in the $60 range. It caught my eye due to its lower than usual pricing . . . made me think they may be struggling a bit in this economy. SalesForce (or offerings from Oracle) are impressive, but then so are their prices!!

Steve Rozmiarek
08-03-2009, 11:42 PM
What is CRM software used for? Is it just a database? Trying to learn something new for the day...

Dave Johnson29
08-04-2009, 6:54 AM
I received an email offer for Act about a month ago offering it for somewhere in the $60 range.

Jeff,

That sounds like a great deal but there are two trends in the software world that bother me.

The first is an annual licensing scheme where you have to keep paying every year and the other is a crippled trial version. It would be wise to check that the 60-bucks is for the full version and a one time cost.

One other item of caution for anyone buying software like this, make sure it has export and import functions for *everything* in the database. The file format should be CSV (Comma Seperated Values) so it can be read in Excel or loaded into different software at some time in the future.

Jim Podsedly
08-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Siebel.

Another alternative would be to have a company host the software and you access everything via a web connection. SaaS (Software as a Service)

CRM OnDemand is hosted by Oracle and is basically a Siebel SaaS offering.

Jim

Scott Shepherd
08-04-2009, 2:19 PM
I think the new version of ACT has Swiftpage (is that the name of it) integrated as well. You can pay $30 a month for those email marketing pieces, so having it included might be something that helps ease the pain.

Jim Becker
08-04-2009, 9:53 PM
See if Salesforce.com offers something for the small operator. Outside of that ACT is one of the long time standards.

Now, if you're able to configure and program, SugarCRM is open source.... ;)